Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
I have to confess that this really isn’t a critical piece of news that you all need to know but as we have quite a few readers from Hawaii and the West Coast, this seemed like something we should share – the Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard® now offers cardholders more free checked backs on select flights and that could be a money saver.
Note: All information about the Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard® has been collected independently by Traveling For Miles. The Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard® is not currently available through Traveling For Miles.
Hawaiian Airlines has confirmed that as of Monday, the Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard® now offers card members two free checked bags on intra-island routes and on routes between Hawaii and North America (under the old benefits, only a single free checked bag was offerd).
Per the credit cards updated terms and conditions:
- The Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard primary cardmember is eligible to receive 2 free checked bags on Hawaiian Airlines operated flights. Authorized users of the primary cardmembers’ Card Account do not qualify for the free checked bag benefit. This is only for travel between North America and Hawaii and between Neighbor Islands (interisland). International flights are excluded.
- All ticket purchases (original and exchanges) must be made with your Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard.
- Ticket purchases must be made directly from Hawaiian Airlines (HawaiianAirlines.com, Hawaiian Airlines Reservations department and Hawaiian Airlines airport ticket counters) to qualify for 2 free checked bags. Tickets purchased from third parties (i.e. ID90, travel agencies, etc.) are not eligible.
- The primary cardmember must provide their HawaiianMiles Program Account number associated with the Card Account within their reservations any time prior to check-in. You must be a current primary cardmember upon check-in to be eligible.
- Offer is not valid on codeshare flight segments operated by Hawaiian Airlines and marketed by other airline partners. Please refer to the Hawaiian Airlines website: com/legal/list-of-all-fees.
- Pualani Platinum, Pualani Gold and Premier Club Primary Cardmembers will receive an additional (1) free checked bag in addition to their existing membership baggage allowance.
- Checked bag fee waiver is limited to the first two bags for the primary cardmember only. Applicable overweight and excess baggage fees will apply. Please refer to HawaiianAirlines.com/bag-fees/ for more information on Hawaiian Airlines baggage policy.
What this essentially means is that cardholders who do not have Hawaiian Airlines elite status can now save themselves up to $140 per round trip to North America (1st bag normally costs $60 roundtrip & the 2nd bag usually costs $80 roundtrip) and up to $70 per inter-island round trip to North America (1st bag normally costs $30 roundtrip & the 2nd bag usually costs $40 roundtrip as long as you are a member of the HawaiianMiles program) – link to Hawaiian Airlines fees.
If you travel with checked bags (and on Hawaiian) with any kind of frequency this seems like quite a good benefit to have access to and as the Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard® charges an annual fee of just $99, this isn’t a benefit that you have to spend a lot of cash to get.
Full details of what the Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard® offers can be found on this page (at the time of writing, Traveling For Miles does not have an affiliate relationship with the card issuer).