Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published.
Posts in this series include:
- Tokyo, Hong Kong & Singapore Trip – How I Booked & How Much I Paid
- Why I Gave Up A Park Hyatt Reservation For A Hyatt Regency
- Japan Airlines (JAL) 777 First Class In Pictures
- Hyatt Regency Tokyo – King Room In Pictures
- Review: Cathay Pacific First & Business Class Lounge Tokyo Narita T2
- Review: Cathay Pacific A330 Business Class (NRT-HKG)
- The JW Marriott Hong Kong Reviewed
- Review: Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge Hong Kong (First Class)
- Review: Singapore Airlines A380 First Class Suites – Regional (HKG-SIN)
I tried and reviewed the JAL 777 First Class product between Japan and Europe earlier in the year so, although this was the cabin Joanna and I flew between London and Tokyo on our trip to Asia, it doesn’t make all that much sense to write another review.
Having said that they do say that a picture is worth a thousand words so I thought I’d pull together some images from our flight.
Check-in at London Heathrow T3
At the Gate
Our 777-300ER Aircraft Waiting
JAL First Class Seat
JAL First Class Seat
The amenity kit has changed since January but the toiletries remain the same
Always good to have a really big screen 🙂
Champagne and warm towels before we depart
A very good Bose headset to use on the flight
I was hoping they’d have a lot of this on board!…..
And they did!……
Salon champagne – only found in JAL First Class (and on terra firma!)
My pre-dinner amuse bouche
A little bit of lobster and Foie Gras to get the meal truly started
Caviar and blinis never a bad option!
I could have eaten double this amount – it was delicious
Even the main course came with Foie Gras….and the vegetables were cooked to perfection
Can’t fault JAL for the dessert presentation
Just time to check the views before I have my bed made up
A very comfortable bed courtesy of the JAL First Class crew….although the cabin temperature was on the overly warm side
Still time to watch some movies before I sleep
Apart from a cabin that was slightly too warm this was another great JAL experience for me and, much more importantly, Joanna had a great flight too. If you want a considerably more detailed view of what JAL’s 777 First Class experience is like the check out my review (here) from earlier this year.