Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Hyatt completed the purchase of the Two Roads Hospitality Group back in October 2018 and with the purchase, Hyatt took over the management of over 80 hotels and resorts belonging to the Joie de Vivre, Thompson and Alila brands.
It took a few months for Hyatt to begin integrating its new charges into its portfolio but we finally saw the Thompson Hotels join the World of Hyatt in March and the Joie de Vivre properties were added in May….and now it’s the turn of the Alila resorts.
The Alila hotels and resorts which are joining the World of Hyatt include some of the more luxurious properties that Hyatt took over when it purchased the Two Roads Hospitality Group, and it’s these resorts that a lot of Hyatt fans have been most looking forward to seeing as part of the Hyatt’s loyalty program.
Well, the waiting is at an end as Hyatt has started adding the Alila properties to the World of Hyatt from today.
Hyatt’s Alila Hotels & Resorts
Here’s the planned rollout schedule:
Next two days
- Ventana Big Sur – an Alila Resort – Big Sur, California (June 25)
- Alila Solo – Solo (Surakarta), Central Java, Indonesia (June 25)
- Alila Seminyak – Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia (June 25)
- Studios at Alila Seminyak – Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia (June 25)
- Alila Ubud – Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia (June 25)
- Alila Villas Uluwatu – Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia (June 25)
- Alila Villas Koh Russey – Koh Russey, Sihanoukville Province, Cambodia (June 26)
- Alila Bangsar – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (June 26)
- Alila Manggis – Karangasem, Bali, Indonesia (June 26)
- Alila SCBD – Jakarta, Java, Indonesia (June 26)
- Alila Diwa Goa – Salcette, Goa, India (July 15)
- The Diwa Club by Alila – Salcette, Goa, India (July 15)
- Alila Jabal Akhdar – Jabal Al Akhdar, Oman (July 15)
- Alila Fort Bishangarh – Jaipur, Rajasthan, India (July 16)
- Alila Anji – Anji, Zhejiang, China (July 16)
- Alila Wuzhen – Jiaxing, Zhejiang, China (July 16)
Here’s how those properties will fit into the World of Hyatt categories:
[HT: OneMileAtATime for the property categories]
World Of Hyatt Bonus Points Offer
Hyatt has launched a promotion to celebrate the 3 brands it has recently been integrating into the World of Hyatt program (and one further brand that will be joining later in the year) and it’s just about as simple as a promotion can get.
The four participating brands are:
- Thompson Hotels
- Joie de Vivre
- Destination Hotels (coming later in 2019)
World of Hyatt members can earn 2,000 bonus points for their first qualifying stay at each of the 4 brands (for a total of 8,000 points maximum) and guests who visit all 4 brands will also earn a free night certificate valid at Hyatt’s Category 1 – 4 properties.
- For the purpose of this offer, an eligible stay is defined as any stay where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.
- Eligible stays begin when each brand starts participating in World of Hyatt and must be completed by December 31, 2019.
- Free Night award is valid for 180 days from the date of issuance.
- No registration is required. for this promotion although guests must be World of Hyatt members.
There’s a lot to like here and this is very good news for World of Hyatt members.
Just about all the Alila properties look very nice indeed and the fact that they’ve been introduced into the World of Hyatt across all Categories is good to see. it’s even better to see three Category 1 properties which I suspect will be a very good use of Hyatt points going forward.
It will be interesting to see just how long the currently published hotel categories stick as Hyatt has been known to play around with the categories of newly introduced properties quite a bit ( a number of SLH properties saw their Category rating change within weeks of joining the World of Hyatt).
Featured image: Alila Villas Koh Russey – Image courtesy of Hyatt