Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
It’s a Hyatt news day today – first the hotelier begins to introduce the Alila properties into its World of Hyatt loyalty program and now we have news that two Hyatt properties are offering double credit towards World of Hyatt elite status.
Hyatt has announced that properties belonging to the Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara Resorts brands will be offering double elite night credits for stays later this year.
Stays made between 1 August and 23 November 2019 at one or more of the following resorts will earn World of Hyatt members 2 elite night credits for every night they stay at the properties.
Hyatt Ziva Resorts
All-Inclusive Resorts for All Ages
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Cancun, Mexico
- Los Cabos, Mexico
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Cap Cana, Dominican Republic
Hyatt Zilara Resorts
All-Inclusive Resorts Exclusively for Adults
In further good news, not only will the ex=tra elite nights count towards status qualification (or re-qualification as the case may be) but they’ll also count double towards World of Hyatt milestone targets.
Headline Terms & Conditions
- You must be a member of World of Hyatt and register for the promotion between June 24 and October 31, 2019 to participate in the promotion.
- Eligible nights under this promotion completed between August 1, 2019 and November 23, 2019 at Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara properties will count as two (2) nights, instead of one (1), for the purpose of tier qualification for World of Hyatt status.
- For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this promotion.
This is a very nice promotion for anyone looking to shore up their path to Hyatt elite status or for anyone looking for a shortcut to one of the may milestone nonuse that the World of Hyatt now offers.
It’s great to see that Hyatt is allowing award nights to count in this promotion and it’s also good to see that Hyatt is continuing to resist the temptation of adding some of the annoying promotion rules that some chains have taken to using (e.g. the fist stay/night doesn’t count, a minimum stay is required, etc…)
Clearly this promotion won’t suit everyone, but if you were thinking of taking a break in the Caribbean later this year then this offer may sway your decision on where to stay…especially if your chase for Hyatt status looks like it’s going to be a close one.
Featured image: Hyatt Zilars Cancun – Image courtesy of Hyatt