Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Out of all the hotel chains Hilton definitely features the most when it comes to the Amex offers I see in my accounts and there have been a number of offers running since the beginning of March. Now there’s a new rebate appearing in targeted Amex accounts which offers up to 20% back on bookings made at Hilton properties in Europe.
Of the Hilton Amex offers that first appeared in March at least three are still available (although they end this month)….
…and select Amex accounts have now been targeted for this offer:
The full terms and conditions can be found within the offer (assuming you’ve been targeted for it) but, in brief, here’s what you need to know:
- Get a one-time $100 USD statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ USD on room rate and room charges for your stay at select Hilton brand hotels in Europe from 6/3/19 to 9/30/19.
- Book direct with Hilton.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American offer channels.
- Offer valid only at participating properties in Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and North Ireland.
- Not all properties within these countries apply, please click on “view participating locations” to view the full list of participating properties.
- Reservations must be made online at hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-HILTONS (445-8667).
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and non-refundable rates.
- When you make a qualifying purchase in a foreign currency, the applicable statement credit will be credited in your local currency using the exchange rate at the date the statement credit is applied.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at Hilton made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount of at least $500 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
A $100 statement credit on $500 of spending is a very nice rebate to have, but there are a few things you need to be careful of here.
- Booking advance purchase rates/non refundable rates (usually the cheapest rates on offer) will not trigger the statement credit.
- Not all European countries are included in this offer and there are some significant countries omitted (e.g. Italy, Ireland, Finland, Norway, Portugal, Poland)
- Not all properties in the participating countries are included in this offer (link to participating property list)…but the list still looks pretty good and at there are a few Waldorfs paticipating and the Conrad London St. James is included too.
If you’re booking a stay at Hilton in Europe it shouldn’t be too difficult to trigger this offer ($500 doesn’t always get you very far in Europe!) but be careful that you don’t accidentally book at a non participating property or that you accidentally book a non qualifying rate.
Most importantly, make sure you you do the math. Don’t avoid a non qualifying rate just to get the Amex credit if booking the non qualifying rate works out to be cheaper over all. That may sound obvious but you’d be surprised how many people don’t think these things through!