Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
The radical changes to Delta’s SkyMiles program were only made public a couple of weeks ago, but already the vultures are circling.
On Monday, Alaska Airlines was the first to offer SkyMiles members an alternative home and now JetBlue has joined the fray with what appears to be a very generous status match offer to Delta flyers looking for a more appropriate frequent flyer program.
JetBlue’s status match offer to Delta flyers
Yesterday afternoon, JetBlue’s social media feeds went live with a new (and amusingly worded) message aimed directly at Delta SkyMiles members.
It wasn’t even subtle! JetBlue wants disgruntled Delta flyers to ditch the SkyMiles program and to give its Mosaic program a try.
Here’s the offer that’s on the table:
“For a limited time, Delta SkyMiles Medallions can join the JetBlue family with an exclusive offer to match their status to Mosaic. Once your status is matched, it will be valid until 12/30/23, and you can then keep that status through 2024 by completing a challenge.”
- Delta Silver Medallions will be matched to Mosaic 1 and will be given Mint Suite Priority as their pre-selected Mosaic 1 Perk You Pick (priority access to Mint Suites on select aircraft excluding Mint Studio).
- Delta Gold Medallions will be matched to Mosaic 2 and will be given the Pet Fee waiver as their pre-selected Mosaic 2 Perk You Pick.
- Delta Platinum Medallions will be matched to Mosaic 3 and will be given a FoundersCard Blue Membership as their pre-selected Mosaic 3 Perk You Pick.
- Delta Diamond Medallions will be matched to Mosaic 4 and will be given 15,000 TrueBlue points as their pre-selected Mosaic 4 Perk You Pick.
Note: This offer is open to the first 30,000 applicants or until 31 October 2023, whichever target is met first.
Just as with the offer Alaska Airlines has set out, JetBlue is offering free elite status through the end of this year and two paths to maintaining that status for a further year.
To keep a matched elite status through 2024, an eligible SkyMiles member would need to either…
Earn and receive the following number of tiles between the date you receive your matched Mosaic status and 12/30/23:
- Silver Medallion = 6 tiles to keep Mosaic 1
- Gold Medallion = 12 tiles to keep Mosaic 2
- Platinum Medallion = 24 tiles to keep Mosaic 3
- Diamond Medallion = 30 tiles to keep Mosaic 4
Or “[h]ave a JetBlue Plus Card or JetBlue Business Card by 12/30/23”
Flyers can earn 1 tile for every $100 spent on JetBlue flight (including most fees), on JetBlue vacation packages and on bookings made through Paisly by JetBlue. They can also earn 1 tile for every $1,000 spent on any JetBlue co-branded credit card.
What TrueBlue elite status offers
- First 2 checked bags free
- Mosaic boarding
- Access to Even More Space seats at no extra charge during check-in
- 24/7 dedicated phone line and priority chat
- Free same-day switches
- Priority security
- Free beer, wine & liquor on-board
- All of the benefits of Mosaic 1 status and
- Access to Even More Space seats at no extra charge at the time of booking.
- All of the benefits of Mosaic 1 and Mosaic 2 status and
- 4 Move to Mint upgrade certificates. These allow a user to book an Economy Class seat and move to Mint (Business/First Class) at no extra charge on a space available basis*.
- All of the benefits of Mosaic 1, Mosaic 2 and Mosaic 3 status and
- 2 further Move to Mint upgrade certificates*
- Credits for 4 one-way Blade Airport helicopter transfers between Manhattan & New York JFK or Newark (EWR).
*These are only cleared 24 hours before scheduled departure.
Key offer terms
- This status match offer is available to a maximum of 30,000 applicants, or until 10/31/2023, whichever comes first.
- To be eligible, applicants must successfully complete and submit the application in its entirety.
- JetBlue reserves the right to decline application acceptance in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, declining applications upon suspicion of abuse, fraud, wrongdoing or misuse, or if the applicant is not in good standing with JetBlue.
- JetBlue reserves the right to request additional documentation from an applicant in order to verify eligibility prior to approving the application.
- To be eligible for the status match offer, applicant must be a current TrueBlue member in good standing and a current Delta Medallion Elite Member.
- For status match to be granted, the applicant’s first and last names on the Delta and JetBlue frequent flier accounts must exactly match.
- Status match offer is only valid for Delta Medallion Elite Members who have achieved such status via flight or card activity. Matched, transferred, or promotional Delta Medallion status is not eligible for a JetBlue Mosaic Status Match.
- Matched status and associated perks, including TrueBlue points issued as the Mosaic 4 Perk You Pick, will expire on 12/30/23 if this challenge is not successfully completed.
- This challenge may be successfully completed in one of two ways: 1) participant earns and receives the required number of tiles to maintain their status, as indicated in Paragraph 12, below; or, 2) participant is the primary cardholder of an open JetBlue Plus Card or JetBlue Business Card by 12/30/23.
- If this challenge is completed, status through 12/31/24 will be awarded and reflected in the participant’s account 1-3 weeks after the end of the challenge period.
- To receive status for 2024 through this challenge, participants who are matched into Mosaic 1 must earn and receive 6 tiles between the time they are awarded their Mosaic Status Match and 12/30/2023. Participants who are matched into Mosaic 2 must earn and receive 12 tiles between the time they are awarded their Mosaic Status Match and 12/30/2023. Participants who are matched into Mosaic 3 must earn and receive 24 tiles between the time they are awarded their Mosaic Status Match and 12/30/2023. Participants who are matched into Mosaic 4 must earn and receive 30 tiles between the time they are awarded their Mosaic Status Match and 12/30/2023.
- Tiles eligible for this promotion may be earned in only three ways: 1) Travel Spend tiles, 2) Card Spend tiles, 3) purchased bonus tiles. Tiles earned via any other method under the TrueBlue program, including but not limited to tiles that are gifted from another TrueBlue member (such as the 20-tile bonus), or tiles that are selected by the participant via the 20-tile bonus, are not eligible towards the threshold.
- All tiles related to flight activity must be earned and received between the date the status match is granted and 12/30/2023 to be eligible towards required tile threshold.
- Tiles are earned on travel spend after a customer flies.
- Only flights operated and marketed by JetBlue are valid for earning tiles eligible for this promotion.
- All tiles earned from JetBlue Card spend must post to the participant’s TrueBlue account between the date the status match is granted and 12/30/2023 to be eligible towards the required tile threshold.
- Redemption bookings made with TrueBlue points will not receive any tiles.
- Participants who are matched will not be eligible to select Mosaic Perks You Pick.
- Participants will automatically be granted Mosaic Perks You Pick selected by JetBlue. All Mosaic Perks You Pick will be valid until the status end date of 12/30/23. If the status challenge is successfully completed, the Perk You Pick end date will be extended until 12/31/2024.
- The Mosaic Perks You Pick will be automatically awarded as follows: Mosaic 1 status matches will automatically receive the Mint Suite Priority Perk You Pick. Participants who are matched to Mosaic 2 will automatically receive both the Mint Suite Priority Perk You Pick and Pet Fee Waiver. Participants who are matched to Mosaic 3 will automatically receive the Mint Suite Priority Perk You Pick, Pet Fee Waiver, and the FoundersCard Blue Membership. Participants who are matched to Mosaic 4 will automatically receive the Mint Suite Priority Perk You Pick, Pet Fee Waiver, the FoundersCard Blue Membership, and 15,000 bonus TrueBlue Points (bonus points will be removed should participant not complete the Mosaic Status Match challenge by 12/30/23).
- For participants who already have perks selected from previously earning Mosaic status, perks will be added in the following order based on the level of Mosaic to which they are matched: Mint Suite Priority, Pet Fee Waiver, FoundersCard Blue Membership and 15,000-Point Bonus.
- Existing Mosaic members who participate in this program and have not yet selected a Perk You Pick, or who obtain a matched level above their current Mosaic status level, will have their Perks You Pick automatically selected as indicated above. If Perks You Pick have already been selected, they will not be overridden and existing Perks You Pick will remain unchanged with no new perk added.
- Customers who are matched to a certain Mosaic level cannot obtain a higher Mosaic level in 2023 or 2024 unless they meet the full year tile requirements for that higher Mosaic level (i.e., 50 tiles for Mosaic 1, 100 tiles for Mosaic 2, 150 tiles for Mosaic 3, 250 tiles for Mosaic 4).
- Customers who status match with TrueBlue now will not be eligible for another status match, if offered, for 24 months.
- Only valid for legal residents of the United States and Canada.
- If approved, newly granted status will appear in participant’s Member Portal by 11/6/2023.
See the status match page for full terms and conditions.
While Alaska Airlines really only challenges Delta out of Seattle, JetBlue challenges Delta in New York and Boston and that’s just one of the things that make this status match offer so interesting – this is an offer that could really work for a significant number of Delta flyers.
Clearly, the other thing that makes this offer interesting is the generous nature of the status match. Not only is JetBlue giving away free TrueBlue status for the rest of this year, but it’s also juicing the pot with added benefits (bonus points, FoundersCard membership, etc..) and with valuable upgrade certificates.
Better yet, all this can be enjoyed all over again (in 2024) by doing nothing more than opening (or holding) a JetBlue credit card by 30 December 2023.
If you’re a disillusioned SkyMiles member living in a metro area that’s well served by JetBlue, this is a status match offer that’s going to be very hard to ignore.
JetBlue is the second airline to make a move at tapping into the seemingly large number of Delta flyers who are still seething at the changes coming to the SkyMiles program.
This JetBlue offer sees Delta SkyMiles elites being matched across to Mosaic elite status and being given a number of worthwhile/valuable benefits as well. As if that wasn’t good enough, these same Delta elites can retain their new Mosaic status for 2024 simply by opening a (or keeping hold of an existing) JetBlue credit card by 30 December 2023.
Remember, however, this offer is only open to the first 30,000 SkyMiles elites who apply, so don’t wait too long if you think this match could work well for you.