Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Accor Hotels took over full ownership of the sbe hotel brands in late 2020 (brands which, among others, include the Delano, Mondrian, SLS, and Redbury brands) so I thought I’d write a quick post to remind holders of the Chase Sapphire cards that their cards give them valuable additional benefits when they stay at select hotels in the sbe portfolio.
When this partnership first launched in March 2019, the added benefits were only offered to holders of the $550/year Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card. Now, however, the considerably cheaper ($95/year) Chase Sapphire Preferred® Credit Card (review) gets the benefits of the sbe/Chase partnership too.
Chase Sapphire sbe Benefits
- 4th night free when booking a stay of at least 4 consecutive nights*
- $30 credit per room for eligible food and drink spending
- Complimentary one-level room upgrade for the duration of your stay (subject to availability)
- Free daily continental breakfast for 2 people per room
- Late check-out (subject to availability)
- Complimentary wi-fi for an unlimited number of devices
*Be aware that heinous resort fees may still be payable on the free night
Not all of sbe’s properties are participating in this partnership so you can only expect to receive the benefits outlined above at the following properties:
- Bahamas: SLS Baha Mar
- Cancun: SLS Cancun
- Doha: Mondrian Doha
- Istanbul: 10 Karaköy
- Las Vegas: Delano Las Vegas
- London: Sanderson
- London: St Martins Lane
- Los Angeles: Mondrian Los Angeles
- Miami: Hyde Midtown
- Miami: Mondrian South Beach
- Miami: Redbury South Beach
- Miami: Shore Club
- Miami: SLS Brickell
- Miami: SLS LUX Brickell
- Miami: SLS South Beach
- New York: Hudson
- New York: Mondrian Park Avenue
- New York: Redbury New York
- Seoul: Mondrian Seoul
Since this partnership was launched almost two years ago, two properties have stopped offering the sbe/Chase benefits (the Delano South Beach and The Raleigh in Miami) while two properties have been added to the list of participants (the Mondrian in Seoul and the SLS Cancun).
Key Things To Know
Make sure you book through the right channel:
- All reservation must be made through the dedicated booking page for Chase Sapphire cardholders (here)
Make sure you use your Chase Sapphire Reserve card or you may be on the hook for a lot of extras:
- Holder of Chase Sapphire cards (a) use their card to make the reservation, (b) present the card at the time of check-in, and (c) use their Chase Sapphire Card to settle the bill at check-out in order to receive the benefits.
- In the event the eligible cardmembers does not pay with a Chase Sapphire or JP Morgan credit card, the current value of any benefits received for every room in the reservation, including but not limited to room upgrades, free Wi-Fi, and free Continental Breakfast will be added to the final bill at check-out.
You can use the sbe/Chase benefits one more than one room – up to a maximum of 4 rooms per stay:
- Room upgrade is available for every room made in a reservation, limit of four (4) rooms
- Each reserved room will receive a credit on their account upon checkout equal to $1 for each eligible dollar spent, up to $30, which will be based upon qualifying charges made at the hotel’s Food and Beverage Outlets by the Eligible Cardmember, excluding taxes, gratuities, fees and cost of room(s);
The room F&B credit can be applied to minibar purchases:
- $30.00 in Hotel Credit per room towards eligible food and beverage. Any food or beverage consumption within the applicable hotel is eligible, including the mini bar
The cost of the 4th night of the stay will be deducted at check-out:
- For every four consecutive nights booked at participating properties the fourth night is free and the room charge will be credited to the account at checkout. All booked nights for the entire stay must be exclusive of any blackout dates.
Be careful! Not all properties offer continental breakfasts and the replacement you’ll be offered may not be what you want:
- In the event the participating hotel does not offer continental breakfast at the property, sbe shall provide a substitute benefit of one complimentary drink per person (limit 2 per room) per day at the participating hotel’s lounge or bar. Currently, the Hudson Hotel (NY) and Redbury South Beach (FL) do not offer breakfast. This list may be updated, upon notice to Chase, at sbe’s discretion.
I like this. It’s a set of benefits that some will use and some won’t but it’s not a set of benefits that has been introduced at the expense of something else so there really isn’t much ground to complain.
Some of these properties now appear on the Accor Live Limitless website so anyone who’s a fan of the ALL program and who carries a Chase Sapphire Card may wish to consider which they value more – the ALL benefits of the Chase benefits – as they cannot be combined.
It occurred to me that some of the participating properties may also be offered by Amex FHR and/or Virtuoso where booking benefits may outweigh what the Chase partnership offers but there’s surprisingly little overlap. Both Virtuoso and Amex FHR both offer the Delano Las Vegas and Virtuoso also offers the SLS Bricknell and the SLS South Beach, but that’s it.
For the avoidance of doubt here are links to the databases I used to check the information above:
In the case of the Delano Las Vegas you may be better off booking through Amex FHR if you don’t need the 4th-night free benefit as the Amex benefits look better:
And some may consider Virtuoso’s offering at the same property better too.
But if you’re staying 4 or more nights, the 4th-night free benefit on offer through Chase will probably save you more money than any benefit that’s being offered by Virtuoso or Amex FHR.
Both the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Credit Card and the Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card offer cardholders expanded benefits at a variety of sbe brand hotels in the United States which can make stays cheaper and possibly even more luxurious. Bookings need to be made through the dedicated sbe/Chase portal if the benefits on offer are to be offered but that seems a small price to pay in return for complimentary breakfasts, room upgrades, late checkouts, and even free nights.
Featured image: SLS South Beach courtesy of SLS Hotels