Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
As part of ‘Members Week’, American Express has published a new targeted offer for spending made at select Hilton brands by the end of the year. This offer joins Amex’s targeted offers for Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Small Luxury Hotels of the World that were released over the past couple of weeks and will go alongside Hilton’s 4Q promotion.
Spend $200 and get $80 back with Hilton/Amex
Enroll by 10/13/2023. Get a one-time $80 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $200 in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at select Hilton brands from 10/9/2023 to 12/31/2023. Book directly with Hilton.
- Must first add offer to an eligible Card by 10/13/2023 and then use same Card to make one or more qualifying purchases on room rate and room charges totaling $200 or more at select Hilton brands by 12/31/2023 to receive a one-time statement credit of $80.
- Only U.S.-issued Consumer and Business American Express® Cards, other than Marriott Consumer and Business American Express® Cards, are eligible. American Express Prepaid Cards, Corporate Cards, and American Express Cards issued outside the US are not eligible for the offer.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Reservations must be made online at US website hilton.com/en/brands, through the Hilton Honors App, or by calling 1-800-445-8667.
- Excludes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Signia Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites by Hilton™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton™, Hilton Grand Vacations™, Spark by Hilton™, Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts™ and LXR Hotels & Resorts.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2023, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Amex offer if you’ve been targeted for it.
Weak, weak, weak. That’s really the only way to describe this promotion and if that’s what the rest of ‘Members Week’ is going to be like, Amex may as well not have bothered.
In an effort to be positive, however, I’ll start with the god news: This offer will work well on cheaper stays, it will work on stays taken through the end of the year, and the % rebate on offer will be impressive if you can keep your spending as close to $200 as possible without dipping under that figure.
Now the bad news: The offer will only be triggered by spending made at Curio, Canopy, Tapestry, Motto, and Tempo brands and as if that wasn’t limiting enough, only spending made at those brands in the US and its territories will count towards the spending target.
I’m not sure exactly how many properties will be eligible for this promotion thanks to those constraints, but I suspect that it will be significantly less than 10% of Hilton’s portfolio.
What the point of that?!
Sure, there’s another Hilton offer currently available for Waldorf Astoria, Conrad and LXR properties, but that requires $1,000 of spending and that still excludes most of Hiltons middle-market brands.
With hotel rates still running ridiculously high, what harm would it have done to Amex or Hilton to published offers that covered all Hilton brands in the US?
I guess one other tiny bit of good news is that it looks like this offer is being offered to just about all Amex cardholders and that Amex’s Hilton co-branded cards are being included.
I can see this offer on the card_name and that should mean that the offer will be available in on all of Amex’s other Hilton co-branded cards as well.
If you don’t have a Hilton co-branded card but think that you can make the most of this offer, don’t worry. I also have it targeted to card_name, the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card, and card_name. so I suspect that all Amex cards that are not Marriott co-branded cards will have access to this offer.
Overall, however, I can’t help but feel that as Amex hotel offers go, this is one of the more pathetic offers that I remember seeing.
Note: All information about the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card has been collected independently by Traveling For Miles. The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card is not currently available through Traveling For Miles.
Amex has published a targeted offer for stays made at select Curio, Canopy, Tapestry, Motto, and Tempo properties through the end of the year. Make sure you read the terms and conditions of your targeted offer carefully before making any bookings (some room rates will not trigger the rebate) and make sure that you save it to a Hilton co-branded credit card if you can.