Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
As I mentioned earlier, four new targeted hotel offers appeared in my online Amex account earlier today and now that I’ve written about the two Hyatt offers and the stackable IHG offer, I’m turning my attention to the fourth and final offer which covers the Small Luxury Hotels of the World portfolio.
Spend $300 and get $100 back at select SLH properties
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $300 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at participating Small Luxury Hotel of the World properties in the Americas, Caribbean, Europe, Asia, & Oceania from 10/2/2023 to 12/31/2023.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid at participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations in the Americas, Caribbean, Europe, Asia, and Oceania. Please reference americanexpress.com/slhoffer to view participating properties.
- Reservations must be made directly online at slh.com or by phone 1-877-234-7033.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $300 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2023, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
The biggest surprise here is that this is the fourth of four new targeted Amex hotel offers that I’ve seen today and all four are valid for stays both inside and outside of the United States. To have one Amex travel offer that isn’t US centric is unusual. To have four in one day is almost miraculous!
Anyway, as far as this particular offer goes, the news is all good:
- Multiple transactions adding up to $300 or more will trigger the offer just as well as a single transaction of $300 or more.
- The offer is valid through the end of the year and that covers most of the upcoming holidays.
- The $100 rebate seems generous.
- The $300 spending target should be simple enough to achieve (especially considering how much hotels are currently charging).
One slightly negative thing that I should point out, however, is that Hyatt elites probably won’t be able to use this offer AND earn World of Hyatt points/enjoy elite benefits, as those are only offered on SLH bookings made directly through Hyatt’s booking channels. The terms of this offer specifically state that the rebate will only be triggered by eligible bookings made through SLH booking channels.
As with the previous offers I’ve written about today, I’ve had the SLH offer targeted to all of my Membership Rewards cards so it looks like these offers will be widely available (I can see this offer on card_name, the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card, and card_name) and it looks like a lot of American Express® Green Card holders will be able to stack these offers with the 3 points/dollar that their card offers on worldwide travel (terms apply).
Note: All information about the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card and the American Express® Green Card has been collected independently by Traveling For Miles. Neither the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card or the American Express® Green Card are currently available through Traveling For Miles.
Among all the new targeted Amex offers launched today is an offer for spending made at Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties in the Americas, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia, and Oceania.
A rebate of up to 33% is available, most (possibly all) SLH properties around the world appear to be participating, and you have up until the end of the year to lock in the savings so there’s not a lot to complain about here 🙂