Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
I’m seeing a significant number of new targeted offers in my online Amex account this morning and to go alongside the two Hyatt offers I wrote about a little earlier, there’s also an offer for spending made before the end of the year at select InterContinental and Kimpton properties.
Note: As I’ll show in this article, this offer will stack with a separate cash back deal from TopCashback (InterContinental properties only) and it will stack with a targeted offer that Chase has pushed out to select card holders, so the savings on offer on an upcoming IC/Kimpton stay could be significant.
Spend $300 and get $75 back at select InterContinental & Kimpton properties
Get a one-time $75 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $300 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at participating InterContinental® & Kimpton® hotels in the US, Thailand, Maldives, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan and Australia from 10/2/2023 to 12/31/2023.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid for stays at participating InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts and Kimpton® Hotels in the US, Thailand, Maldives, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan and Australia.
- Please reference americanexpress.com/ihgluxuryamexoffer to view participating properties.
- Reservations must be made directly through IHG online at IHG.com, by calling 1-877-424-2449, or via the IHG® App.
- Excludes The Palazzo® at the Venetian® Resort Las Vegas, The Venetian® Resort Las Vegas, Hotel Indigo®, Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent® Hotels & Resorts, HUALUXE® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, EVEN® Hotels, voco® Hotels, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Resort®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, avid® hotels, Atwell Suites™, IHG® Army Hotels, Vignette™ Collection, Garner™ Hotels, and Iberostar Beachfront Resorts.
- Not valid for purchases at restaurants, gift cards, kimptonstyle.com, or for IHG One Rewards points purchases.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating InterContinental® or Kimpton® hotel in the US and other select global locations made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $300 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2023, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
Save 10% more on InterContinental stays
As I wrote on Friday, TopCashback is currently offering 10% cash back on bookings made with a number of IHG brands and while bookings with Kimpton are excluded from that particular offer, bookings with InterContinental are included and will earn the full 10% rebate.
By booking through the TopCashback link and paying with an American Express card to which today’s new Amex offer has been loaded, an expensive stay can be made considerably cheaper.
Get even more cash back with Chase
Some holders of Chase credit cards have been targeted for an offer that gives them cash back on InterContinental and Kimpton stays made in the next few weeks, so make sure you consider these before making any bookings.
These are the offers that I can see on my Chase cards:
Earn 10% back on your InterContinental Hotels & Resorts stay when you spend $100 or more, with a $57.00 back maximum (ends 15 November 2023).
Earn 10% back on your Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants stay when you spend $100 or more, with an $86.00 back maximum (ends 15 November 2023).
Earn 10% back on your Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants stay when you spend $100 or more, with an $104.00 back maximum (ends 15 November 2023).
These offers are valid at InterContinental and Kimpton properties worldwide and so will be triggered by any eligible spending made at properties covered by today’s new Amex offer.
What this means is that anyone who has access to both the Amex and Chase offers and who will be paying for an IC/Kimpton stay while both offers are live, should ask the front desk to split their bill at the end of their stay so that they can pay $300 on their targeted Amex card and the rest on their targeted Chase card*.
*Make sure you check which cards will earn you the most points and the biggest rebate before deciding how to split the bill.
In isolation, ths offer just looks ‘ok’, but when you consider that some bookings will also trigger a 10% rebate from TopCashback and that some people will also be able to get a further rebate courtesy Chase, the overall picture starts to look very promising.
Add to that the fact that IHG is currently offering IHG One Rewards members 2,000 bonus points for every two qualifying nights consumed by 31 December 2023, and an InterContinental or Kimpton booking starts to look very tempting.