Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
IHG is on a roll! Not only is it currently offering a very nice discount on select awards bookings but it has also now unveiled a targeted promotion in which members can earn up to 50,000 bonus points for stays made in the upcoming weeks.
- Spend 2 nights at IHG Rewards properties and earn – 4,000 bonus points
- Spend 4 nights at IHG Rewards properties and earn – 7,000 bonus points
- Spend 6 nights at IHG Rewards properties and earn – 10,000 bonus points
- Spend 10 nights at IHG Rewards properties and earn – 20,000 bonus points
- Spend 20 nights at IHG Rewards properties and earn – 50,000 bonus points
- This is a targeted offer
- Registration is required (here)
- Offer period is 1 April to 17 May 2022
- After registering, you can earn IHG Rewards bonus points each time you reach the specified number of qualifying nights during the Offer Period, as follows:
- 4,000 bonus points will be awarded to your IHG Rewards account after completing two qualifying nights;
- 3,000 additional bonus points will be awarded upon completing a total of four qualifying nights;
- another 3,000 additional bonus points will be awarded after you have totaled six qualifying nights;
- then 10,000 additional bonus points will be awarded upon completing ten qualifying nights;
- and 30,000 more bonus points will be awarded once you have completed a total of twenty qualifying nights during the Offer Period.
- For purposes of this Offer, the qualifying nights must be part of one or more Qualifying Stays at participating IHG Hotels & Resorts, Mr and Mrs Smith properties, or participating Six Senses properties (as identified on each hotel’s booking page), and each qualifying night must be completed during the “Offer Period,” which is from April 1, 2022, through May 17, 2022.
- A Qualifying Stay is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night.
- Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible.
- If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible to claim the night for purposes of this Offer.
- The time needed for awarding points can vary with each promotion, so please allow up to 6 weeks for the bonus points to be posted to your account.
- The Offer can only be redeemed once per member during the Offer Period, and a maximum of 50,000 IHG Rewards bonus points can be achieved.
- The bonus points awarded through this Offer are not Elite status qualifying.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page (if you have been targeted)
There are positive and negative aspects to this promotion.
On the positive side of things, it’s always great to have a chance to earn some bonus points so the chance to earn up to 50,000 bonus points (which I value at $200) is nice.
On the negative side of things, it’s a shame that this is targeted and not open to all (although IHG may, as it has done in the past, offer up a different promotion for those who have not been targeted this time) and it’s a shame that the promotion period is only a month and a half long – that makes it unlikely that anyone outside of the road warrior community will earn the full 50,000 points.
It’s important to note that the points on offer are not cumulative so the maximum earnings are 50,000 points and not 4,000 + 7,000 + 10,000 etc… so don’t make the mistake of thinking that there’s more on offer here than there actually is.
Personally, I won’t be able to use this offer as I don’t have any paid stays coming up with IHG (although I do have an award stay which doesn’t count) and I don’t see this as a good enough offer to make me make change my exiting bookings (to IHG) or to make any new bookings.
If, however, you already have one or more paid stays coming up with IHG and have been targeted for this promotion, the points on offer should make for a nice unexpected bonus. 10,000 points for a total of 6 nights, for example, is a return of 1,667 points per night and that represents a better deal than a number of other quarterly promotions that we’ve seen IHG run.
IHG Rewards is currently targeting select members for a promotion that’s offering up to 50,000 bonus points for paid stays made by 17 May 2022. This isn’t a good enough deal to make it worth changing your plans but if you already have one or more upcoming stays with IHG, the bonus points will probably be a nice added extra.
[HT: The Shutterwhale]