Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
In May 2019 Hilton Honors and Lyft launched a new partnership under which Hilton Honors members can earn points towards future stays when they use the Lyft ridesharing service. Now Hilton is back with a new offer to tempt guests to link their Honors and Lyft accounts.
How The Hilton/Lyft Partnership Works
- Link your Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts (here)
- Hilton Honors members can earn:
- 3 Hilton Honors points/dollar spent on Lyft rides (Lyft, Lyft XL, Lyft Black XL, Lux, and Lux Black)
- 2 Hilton Honors points/dollar spent on shared Lyft rides
- Hilton Honors points will not be earned on any taxes, fees, tolls, and tips that comprise part of the final Lyft charge.
- Hilton Honors members can earn points on up to $10,000 of eligible Lyft spend per year
- Only one Hilton Honors membership number can be provided for each registration and corresponding Lyft account.
- When Lyft fares are split among multiple users, only the user requesting the ride will earn Points
- When calculating Points earned, fares will be rounded to the nearest dollar, and then any promotional offer will be calculated on the rounded amount.
Earn An Easy 1,000 Hilton Honors Points
Hilton Honors members who link their Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts and complete an eligible Lyft ride by 15 November 2019 will receive 1,000 bonus Hilton Honors points.
The key terms and conditions
- This offer is only valid for Hilton Honors Members who both link their Hilton Honors membership number to their Lyft accounts on HiltonHonorsLyft.com and complete an Eligible Lyft Ride during the promotional period.
- The promotional period runs to 23:59 ET on 15 November 2019
- An eligible Lyft ride means any paid Lyft Ride requested and completed using the Lyft app within the United States or Canada after registering the Linked Account.
- Hilton Honors members who have a Linked Account prior to the start of the Promotional Period are not eligible for this offer.
- Members who de-link and re-link their Lyft accounts during the Promotional Period are not eligible for this offer.
Existing Introductory Offer
As well as being able to earn what should be an easy 1,000 bonus Hilton Honors points, new Lyft users can make the most of an introductory offer that has been running as long as the Hilton/Lyft partnership:
New Lyft users may receive up to $15 in Lyft ride credits in the form of three (3) $5 credits off the new user’s Eligible First Ride(s). “Eligible First Ride(s)” means a New Lyft User’s first, second and third Lyft rides that are completed within the United States and/or Canada and within 60 days of signing up as a new Lyft user via hiltonhonorslyft.com.
Be aware that the credits cannot be combined so a maximum of $5 will be deducted from each of a new user’s first 3 Lyft rides. Any credits not used within the first 60 days after sign-up will be forfeited.
If you haven’t already linked your Hilton Honors account and your Lyft account now may be a good time to do so.
I value 1,000 Hilton Honors points at just $4 so this isn’t exactly a game-changing offer, but, as the new points bonus offer and the existing introductory offer should stack, the effective rebate on a new user’s first Lyft ride would be a total of $9 with a further two $5 credits to come on their next two rides.
If you were planning to use a ridesharing service anyway this is essentially free money so why not make the most of it?