Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Hilton and Lyft have just announced a partnership that allows Hilton Honors members to earn points on all the rides they book with the ridesharing service. The partnership is effective immediately so the sooner you link your Hilton and Lyft accounts the sooner you’ll start earning Hilton Honors points.
How It Works
- Start by linking your Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts (here)
- Earn 3 Hilton Honors points/dollar spent on Lyft rides (Lyft, Lyft XL, Lyft Black XL, Lux, and Lux Black)
- Earn 2 Hilton Honors points/dollar spent on shared Lyft rides
- Points will not be earned on the taxes, fees, tolls, and tips that form part of your Lyft charge
- Customers can earn Hilton Honors points on up to $10,000 of eligible Lyft spend per year
- Lyft currently only operates in the US and Canada
Here’s what else you need to know:
There’s a ‘new Lyft user’ offer:
New Lyft users may receive up to $15 in Lyft ride credits in the form of three (3) $5 credits off the new user’s Eligible First Ride(s). “Eligible First Ride(s)” means a New Lyft User’s first, second and third Lyft rides that are completed within the United States and/or Canada and within 60 days of signing up as a new Lyft user via hiltonhonorslyft.com.
- Only one Hilton Honors membership number can be provided for each registration and corresponding Lyft account.
- Points will be awarded on Eligible Lyft Rides based on local currency converted to U.S. dollars, which shall be calculated in Hilton Honors’ and its partners’ discretion. Local currency will be converted into U.S. dollars using a published rate of exchange in effect at time of conversion. This rate will be determined based on standard currency conversion methods, which shall be selected in Hilton Honors’ and its partners’ discretion.
- When Lyft fares are split among multiple users, only the user requesting the ride will earn Points
- When calculating Points earned, fares will be rounded to the nearest dollar, and then any promotional offer will be calculated on the rounded amount.
Right now I’m having trouble linking my accounts so there may be an issue with the service or there may be something wrong with one of my accounts – right now I don’t know.
Still, linking issues aside this looks like a nice new program for Hilton Honors members.
No one has to do anything they weren’t doing before so the only difference here is that anyone using Lyft yesterday was only earning whatever miles or points their credit card gives them (as well as Delta or JetBlue points) while today they’ll have the choice to earn bonus Hilton Honors points too.
Now that’s the sort of partnership I like to see 🙂