Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Hyatt is currently sending out emails to members of its World of Hyatt program offering them 1,000 bonus American Airlines miles for every qualifying stay they make at properties in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India. Registration is required so make sure you check the details below if you think that you’ll be able to make the most of this offer.
Receive 1,000 American Airlines bonus miles per qualifying stay at over 130 World of Hyatt properties in over 30 countries spread across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India.
- You must be a World of Hyatt member, an AAdvantage member, and register for the offer by November 30, 2021 to participate.
- Offer valid for eligible stays between September 3, 2021 to December 19, 2021 at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts in Europe, Africa, Middle East, or India.
- Offer not valid at Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) properties.
- Guest must enter a valid AAdvantage membership number at time of registration and pay an Eligible Rate.
- Members will receive 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per eligible stay during the Offer Period.
- Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this offer, regardless of the number of rooms paid under the same account number.
- Member must choose either World of Hyatt Base Points or AAdvantage® miles as their base earning. If a member selects to earn World of Hyatt Base Points at check-in, member will receive 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per stay in addition to World of Hyatt Base Points earned. If member chooses to earn AAdvantage miles at check-in, they will receive the ongoing benefit of 500 AAdvantage base miles in addition to the 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per stay as part of the offer during the Offer Period.
- Member accounts will be credited 3-4 weeks after travel with AAdvantage miles, which are subject to the terms and conditions of American Airlines.
- Consecutive nights at the same hotel constitute one stay regardless of whether you check out.
Full terms can be found on the promotion page.
As I value AAdvantage Miles at a conservative 1.2 cents each, this promotion is effectively offering World of Hyatt members a bonus rebate of $12 per stay. On its own, that doesn’t sound particularly exciting but when you consider the fact that this is a bonus that will be paid in addition to the bonus(es) that will come with whatever promotion Hyatt publishes for the final months of the year, and on top of the 1 bonus AAdvantage Mile per dollar spent with Hyatt that anyone who has linked their World of Hyatt and AAdvantage accounts earns, this can be seen as a nice little extra that World of Hyatt members are being given.
Yes, admittedly this isn’t a promotion that’s likely to encourage any new stays or to encourage people to move any bookings over to Hyatt, but considering that Marriott’s year-end promotion is only offering guests an effective rebate of $9 on most stays and that this isn’t Hyatt’s main year-end promotion, this is clearly a good promotion to be offered.
Having said all of that, there is one issue that could make this promotion considerably less useful for a lot of readers and that’s the issue of the European Union recommending that member countries impose travel restrictions on visitors arriving from the United States. At the time of writing, it’s not clear how many EU countries will follow this advice and what the restrictions will look like (if any bans that are introduced only affect unvaccinated travelers it shouldn’t be a big problem) so this is definitely a news story that’s worth monitoring.
World of Hyatt members visiting Hyatt properties in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India can now register to earn 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles on every stay made through December 19, 2021. Registration is required so don’t forget to click through to the promotion page while this promotion is fresh in your mind.