Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
Designed to coincide with the opening of the Concourse B expansion at Denver International Airport, United Airlines has today opened a new “club concept” at the airport which allows eligible flyers to get some food and drinks “to go” before heading to their gates to catch their flights.
The first United Club Fly
United Airlines is calling this new concept “United Club Fly” and at Denver International, the first location is located on a “highly visible corner” Concourse B-East expansion.
The location is considerably smaller than a standard United Club lounge but that’s because even though it has some seating areas, the main point of United Club Fly is to offer flyers a place from which to pick up some food to go before they continue with their journey.
Here’s how the concept is meant to work:
- Passengers self-scan their boarding passed at the automated entry gates to gain access.
- From within the new club, passengers can choose from a selection of “premium food options” such as sandwiches, salads, wraps, yogurt, vegetables, fruit, and more, all designed to be taken away.
- A full-service coffee bar is offered from where guests can order “hand-crafted” coffee beverages brewed with illy coffee.
- A self-service beverage counter is also offered where guests can pick up things like sparkling water, soft drinks, iced tea, juices, and more. For passengers with their own water bottles, a reusable water bottle filling station is also provided.
As the grab-and-go concept suggests, most items have been designed to be treated as a take-out option so eligible flyers can simply choose what they want from the selection on offer and then walk out through the club’s exit turnstile.
Access to United Club Fly is available to the following passengers:
- United Club members
- Travelers in premium cabins flying internationally
- United Club one-time pass holders
Although not specifically mentioned in the United Airlines press release, I would be surprised if Star Alliance Gold members (traveling in any class on a United Airlines or other Star Alliance flight) are not also granted access*.
United Airlines has announced the opening of its first United Club Fly at Denver International airport. The new lounge concept has been designed to allow flyers who would prefer to spend as little time in the airport as possible to pick up food and drinks on their way to their gates. Some seating is provided within the new lounge but on the whole, the concept is aimed at the grab-and-go traveler.