Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Building on its offers for spending at various IHG properties (see here and here) American Express has now launched another hotel offer for cardholders fortunate enough to have been targeted. This offer is for stays booked with Hyatt and can be used into November of this year.
Spend $250 With Hyatt & Get $50 Back
Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $250 in one or more transactions, on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts from 8/20/20 to 11/10/20.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid at any Hyatt hotel and resort in the US and U.S. territories, including Park Hyatt, Miraval, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Andaz, Thompson Hotels, Hyatt Centric, The Unbound collection, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Destination Hotels, or Joie de Vivre.
- Reservations must be made directly via Hyatt.com, the World of Hyatt mobile app, the hotel directly or a Hyatt call center.
- Excludes gift card purchases, World of Hyatt point purchases, bookings made through Hyatt Travel, Hyatt vacations, or MGM.
- Offer not valid on Exhale Spa, Hyatt Residence Club and Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 11/10/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions
I can’t remember the last time I saw a Hyatt deal appear under my Amex offers so I was more than a little surprised to see this one on my screen when I logged in to my account…and I may be lucky to have it at all. Unlike the various offers that Amex is running for stays at select IHG brands, this Hyatt offer has only been targeted to one of my American Express cards. While that doesn’t actually prove anything, it may indicate that this offer is more narrowly targeted than some of the others that we’ve seen recently.
Most people aren’t doing very much traveling right now but a staycation at a nearby property could make for a nice break. Someone combining this offer with Hyatt’s “save 20% and get free breakfast too” deal and Hyatt’s “triple points on stays” promotion could come out of this with a very nice stay at a very good price.
Be aware that the terms and conditions of this promotion exclude SLH properties so it’s only true Hyatt properties (Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, etc…) that will trigger the $50 rebate, and don’t overlook the fact that this Amex Offer only applies to properties in the US and US Territories.
A nice bonus here is that the $250 of spending required to trigger the rebate doesn’t have to be made in a single transaction – the offer clearly refers to “one or more transactions” -so there’s every possibility that someone will be able to use this offer to reduce the cost of more than just one stay.
Note: It’s worth checking to see if any of your Chase cards have offers for a rebate at Hyatt properties too.
Amex is now targeting cardholders with an offer to save $50 on $250 of spending at Hyatt properties in the US and US territories. Combining this offer with the promotions that Hyatt is already running could see an Amex cardholder booking a very nice stay at a nicely discounted price.
Let me know if you’ve been targeted for this offer as it would be interesting to see just how narrowly (if at all) the targeting is.