Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
A couple of weeks ago, American Express published two offers (which are still running) for stays made at InterContinental and Kimpton properties in the US. Both of these chains fall under the auspices of IHG and Amex has just released another targeted offer for stays at a third IHG brand – this time Hotel Indigo is in the spotlight.
Save At Hotel Indigo Properties
Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200 in one or more transactions on room rate and room charges when you pay for your stay at Hotel Indigo® from 8/17/20 to 12/31/20.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid at Hotel Indigo properties in the US.
- Reservations must be made directly with Hotel Indigo via hotelindigo.com or by calling 1-877-846-3446.
- Excludes international locations as well as all other IHG brands.
- Not valid on hotel amenities or purchases of gift cards.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions
I’ve chosen to load this card on to my Blue Business Plus card from American Express because it hasn’t been targeted to any of my other cards that offer a bonus for travel or hotel spending (the 2 points/dollar that the Blue Business Plus card offers me is a better return than I’ll get on any other card). If you’ve been targeted then, hopefully, you’ll have this offer targeted to a card like the Amex Green Card which will earn you, amongst other bonuses, 3 points/dollar on travel.
As far as the offer itself goes, it’s ok. It’s in line with the other two targeted promotions that Amex is running for IHG brands and a saving of up to 20% isn’t to be ignored. It’s a little disappointing that this offer is limited to locations in the US as I could have made use of this deal in the UK (where I’m currently seeing out the pandemic) to try out a property like the Hotel Indigo Tower Hill but considering most Amex hotel offers are limited to US or North American properties, this limitation doesn’t come as much of a surprise.
If you plan of making the most of this offer in the next few weeks, don’t forget that IHG Rewards is still running a promotion in which guests can earn up to 4x points on stays made by 8 September so, if you haven’t signed up for that yet, make sure you do so via this page before you make your stay.
Amex has released a targeted offer in which travelers can earn a rebate of up to 20% on stays made at Hotel Indigo properties through the end of the year. If you’ve been targeted for this offer (I suspect most cardholders will see this in their accounts), make sure you save it to the card that will earn you the most points for your stay.
Featured image: Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown courtesy of IHG