Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Hilton is the first of the major hotel chains to announce a new quarterly promotion for 2021 (Hyatt chose to extend its existing excellent promotions) and it’s a promotion that we’ve seen Hilton run in the past. It’s also a promotion that will be popular with anyone booking multiple short trips and less popular with those booking a small number of longer trips.
Hilton Points Unlimited – 1Q 2021
Earn 2,000 Hilton Honors Points on every stay & a bonus of 5,000 points for every 5 nights stayed.
- Offer valid for stays completed between 1 January and 2 May 2021 at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Hilton Honors members must first register (here) prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
- Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before 1 January 2021 will receive Points for their stay if the stay is completed on or after 1 January 2021 and prior to or on 2 May 2021.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period, as well as an additional 5,000 Bonus Points for every 5 nights completed.
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer, and the 5,000 Bonus Points award can be earned an unlimited number of times.
- Each time a member achieves 5 nights, 5,000 Bonus Points will be awarded and the member’s night count will reset. Additional nights earned over the 5 night threshold in a stay will count towards achieving the member’s next 5,000 Bonus Point award.
Full terms and conditions are available on the promotion page.
This promotion mostly rewards those who make multiple short stays rather than those who make a small number of long stays so the nature of your travels will dictate just how lucrative this promotion is for you.
To give an arbitrary example, someone making three 3-night stays and a single 1-night stay would earn 18,000 bonus points in this promotion (4 stays @ 2,000 points each and 2 x 5,000 points for staying 10 nights) while someone making one stay of 10 nights would earn just 12,000 bonus points (1 stay @ 2,000 points/stay and 2 x 5,000 points for staying 10 nights) – if you want to maximize points earnings in this promotion you should look to break up any longer trips into multiple stays if possible.
I value Hilton Honors points at 0.4 cents/point so the Unlimited Bonus promotion is essentially offering a rebate of $8 per stay and further $20 per 5 nights stayed. That’s not exactly earth-shattering but it’s better than nothing if you were already planning on staying with Hilton before 2 May 20201. Personally, this does nothing to tempt me away from Hyatt for the first two months of 2021 (Hyatt is offering 3x or 4x points through 28 February).
Whether you think you’ll be staying with Hilton before the end of the promotion or not, you should be registering (here) just in case. It costs nothing to register and plans can change at the last minute (who knows what 2021 will bring?!) so it would be a shame to leave points on the table just because you didn’t take 30 seconds out of your day to register.
Overall this isn’t a promotion to get excited about and it’s not one that’s likely to encourage people to make new plans (or to change their plans) given the current world conditions but, on a positive note, it’s better than nothing.
Featured image: The Conrad Maldives courtesy of Hilton