Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Hyatt has been on a roll with its promotion of late and with a 10% discount on award bookings still available (for those who have already registered) and double elite night credits still available at two of Hyatt’s brands, the hotelier is back with a promotion offering double points through 31 October 2019.
Headline Terms & Conditions
- You must be a recipient of an email invitation from Hyatt and register for the offer by September 30, 2019 to participate***
- All eligible spend under this offer must occur from August 15, 2019 through October 31, 2019 (“Offer Period”).
- You will receive double points for each whole U.S. dollar or U.S. dollar equivalent spent on eligible rates, eligible incidental charges, eligible non-stay charges, and on eligible Exhale charges.
- Eligible spend associated with stays must have a checkout date during the offer period to count toward this offer.
- Only Base Points are doubled (you cannot earn points under this offer if you choose to earn Travel Partner miles), and all points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points.
- World of Hyatt will automatically track eligible spend when you provide your World of Hyatt membership number on the registration page.
- Please allow two to three weeks after your qualifying transaction for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
- Offer may not valid with other offers, promotions or discounts and is non-transferable.
***It’s not clear if this promotion is targeted or not. Joanna hasn’t received an email and has been able to register while a reader has commented that he too hasn’t received an email but hasn’t been able to register. Apparently YMMV.
I value World of Hyatt points at 1.4 cents each so this promotion is effectively offering a further 1.4% discount on all my Hyatt stays.
As promotions go this isn’t going to get too many people excited, but at a time when hotels are having little trouble in filling rooms it’s better than nothing.
Make sure you’re aware of three key elements of this offer:
- Registration is required (here)
- The offer doesn’t start immediately – only stays from 7 August will earn double points.
- Only stays with a check-out date on or before 31 October 2019 will count towards this promotion (if you happen to have a say which straddles that date, it may be worth turning it into two reservations – assuming your booking is flexible).
I’m not sure just how many opportunities I’m going to have to make the most of this deal as it isn’t really good enough to tempt me to change my existing reservations with Marriott where my elite status gets me benefits that I won’t get with Hyatt.
Still, you never know when your plans will change so I’ve registered for the promotion anyway – it would be a shame to miss out on easy points if I find myself at a Hyatt having not taken the few seconds it takes to register.