Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Hyatt has just launched a very nice promotion in which it’s offering a 10% rebate on all World of Hyatt award bookings for stays this summer. Unfortunately, the promotion is limited to holders of Hyatt’s Chase co-branded credit cards so if you don’t have one of those your luck is out.
Hyatt’s 10% Points Rebate Promotion
How it works:
- Register by July 15, 2019 (link to registration page)
- Redeem points for free night awards, Points + Cash stays or towards room upgrades, dining and spa experiences, Exhale fitness classes and spa therapies, or FIND experiences.
- Points redemptions must be completed between 1 July and 2 September 2019.
- Get 10% of the points you redeem back as Bonus Points. Hyatt will automatically deposit the rebate into your World of Hyatt account after your points have been used.
Headline Terms & Conditions
- Promotion is only valid for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers and World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers who register for the promotion between June 14, 2019 and July 15, 2019.
- To qualify for this offer, account must be open at the time of fulfillment.
- Only points redeemed between July 1, 2019 and September 2, 2019 will be eligible for this promotion.
- If a redemption is connected to a stay, the entire stay must be completed by September 2, 2019.
- You will receive 10% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points you redeem for free night awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, Exhale classes and spa therapies, and FIND experiences during this period.
- Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for this promotion.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the registration page.
Leaving aside the disappointing news that this offer is only open to Hyatt credit card holders (I don’t hold either of the Hyatt credit cards) this is actually a very nice promotion.
I like that the offer applies to a time of year when families are probably traveling (so this helps keep the cost of the vacations down), I like that the rebate is not limited to award bookings and I like that Point & Cash bookings qualify for the rebate too (although Points & Cash bookings don’t offer nearly as much value nowadays as they once did).
Don’t forget that the 10% you get back (on whatever you’re using points for) come in the form of a rebate and aren’t an upfront price reduction. This means that you’ll have to have enough points in your account to cover the full cost of your booking at the time you make your reservation (e.g. you’ll still need to have 30,000 points in your account if you want to book a night at the Park Hyatt Maldives – you’ll get the 3,000 back after you make the stay).
The one potential annoyance here is that the full terms and conditions state that you should “allow 6-8 weeks after your point redemption has been completed for your Bonus Points to be loaded into your World of Hyatt account” and this suggests most guests won’t get their rebates until after the promotion dates have passed….which means the bonus points can’t then be used for another redemption within the promotion period.
It is, of course, entirely possible that Hyatt will post the bonus points a lot quicker than the 6-8 weeks mentioned in the t&cs, but this is still something worth looking out for.
Don’t forget to register asap as if you don’t register now you may forget to register before the 14 June deadline (and that would be unfortunate).
Overall this is a very nice promotion for holders of the Hyatt credit cards….I just wish Hyatt would give the rest of us some love too 🙂