Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
Earlier, I wrote about IHG beginning to unveil its deals for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, but although Kimpton is part of IHG, it looks like it has its own versions of these sales running that are slightly different.
Just like in the main IHG sales, Kimpton is offering two special rates:
- Book early and save
- Stay longer and save
Both sales offer between 10 and 20% off the Best Flexible rate when IHG One members…
- Book by 5 December 2022
- Stay between 25 November 2022 and 30 April 2023
Also, Kimpton will donate $5 per night booked to the No Kid Hungry charity on select stays.
General key terms
- Offer is subject to availability at participating hotels
- Valid for stays November 25, 2022 through April 30, 2023.
- Offer must be booked by December 5, 2022.
- The $5 per night donation is made by Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants to No Kid Hungry. This donation is $5 per paid night booked from November 22, 2022 through December 5, 2022 at a Kimpton hotel located in the U.S. on stays consumed from November 25, 2022 through April 30, 2023, with the Book Early and Save Member or stay longer and save rate. This donation has no cash value and cannot be used towards a future stay or any other item of value.
- Hotels may have a minimum length of stay or advance purchase requirement.
- Discount and days of the week vary by hotel.
- This rate is fully prepaid at the time of booking and non-refundable.
- Not valid in conjunction with any other promotions or offers.
- Not valid for discounted or negotiated rates, groups or existing reservations.
Specific key terms for the “stay longer & save” promo
- A 1-night non-refundable deposit will be charged upon booking.
- This rate has a 3-day cancelation policy.
- If you cancel within 3 days or less of arrival you will be charged for the full stay.
- A 3-day advance purchase is required.
- Subject to availability, blackout dates apply and vary by hotel.
Note: I’m about to repeat a lot of what I said in the article covering the IHG sale, so if you’ve read that, this won’t be very interesting!
Right now, I suggest that no one makes any bookings until we see what else IHG unveils next week because something better may be on the way*. We know that IHG will be unveiling a “save more on reward nights” promotion on Monday and there’s a good chance that that promotion (possibly combined with the current points sale) will offer better overall savings that what being offered right now.
Overall, the opportunity to save 10–20% off the Best Flexible Rate doesn’t strike me as a sale that’s going to get anyone making bookings that they were not planning already and as we know that Kimpton often publishes better deals than this one (we saw a “40% off” flash sale back in October), I suspect most Kimpton fans will be better off if they sit this sale out (unless they urgently need to make a booking).
Kimpton has now unveiled its versions of the 2022 IHG Cyber sale and in them, it’s offering discounts of between 10 and 20%. Lackluster is the word that immediately springs to mind when reviewing what this sale offers and I suspect that better deals than these will be available in the weeks and months ahead.
*There’s no need to wait to see if Rakuten will offer a better rate of cash back on IHG bookings because Kimpton bookings are always excluded from that deal.