Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Accor Hotels (the group that includes Sofitel, Novotel, Raffles and Fairmont among many others) is currently offering a very good deal for Avios collectors staying at one or more of its properties through 15 July 2019.
Accor Hotels allows guests convert the Le Club AccorHotels points they earn on hotel stays into Avios and, right now, guests can earn 2x, 3x or 4x the regular number of Avios depending on how many nights they stay.
Accor partners with both the British Airways Executive Club and Iberia Plus but, and this is very important, everyone should be electing to convert their Accor points to Iberia Plus and not to the BAEC.
Accor Points convert to Iberia Avios in a ratio of 1:1 while the conversion rate to British Airways Avios is 2:1 so you’ll earn double the number of Avios by crediting to Iberia than you would if you credited to BA.
Accor Hotels ‘We Run The World Promotion’
- The We Run The World offer is governed by the general terms and conditions of the Le Club AccorHotels program, and you must be a member of the Le Club AccorHotels program in order to take advantage of the offer.
- This offer entitles Le Club AccorHotels members, regardless of their status, to multiply by 2, 3 or 4 your Rewards points (automatically converted into Iberia Plus avios) on stays of 1 night or more at any participating hotel enrolled in the Le Club AccorHotels loyalty program and to be entered into a prize draw that gives them the chance of winning 2 nights at the Novotel Barcelona City.
- This Rewards points bonus is offered in addition to the Rewards points and Status points that are usually earned by the Le Club AccorHotels member on completing an eligible stay in accordance with the Le Club AccorHotels general conditions of use.
- This promotion does not apply to stays at Le Club AccorHotels partner hotels.
- In order to benefit from this bonus, the member must have activated Iberia Plus as their preferred automatic conversion option ahead of the stay. This option must remain activated until the Rewards points related to the stay have been credited to the member’s Le Club AccorHotels account.
- This offer is valid for all stays at a participating hotel completed by a member from 15/04/19 to 15/07/19, and booked between 15/04/19 and 15/06/19
- The stay must be for a minimum of 1 night
- All consecutive stays (check-out and subsequent check-in on the same day) in the same hotel will count as a single stay. The We Run The World offer only applies once to each stay.
- For the purposes of this offer, a stay is understood to be one (1) booking made by a Le Club AccorHotels member for one or several rooms in a participating hotel. In other words, bookings that include more than one (1) room will count as just one (1) stay.
- To take advantage of this offer, your booking must be made via AccorHotels.com, our participating brands’ websites and apps, or the AccorHotels call centres. Bookings made via any other channel will not be eligible to benefit from this offer.
- You must provide your Le Club AccorHotels membership card number when making your booking, and present your card at the hotel reception desk when checking in for your stay.
- The Le Club AccorHotels Rewards points bonus will be credited to your account within 10 days of checking out and then converted to Iberia Plus within six (6) weeks, in accordance with the current conversion terms.
- This offer cannot be combined with other current offers or promotional benefits and does not apply to groups. If a stay meets the terms and conditions for several offers, only the Rewards points linked to the most advantageous offer (i.e. the offer that earns the member the highest number of Rewards points) will be credited to the member’s account.
- Stays that are paid for partially or fully with Rewards points or with one or more Le Club AccorHotels vouchers will not be eligible to benefit from this offer, nor will they count towards offers requiring multiple stays to earn points.
- Each member can take advantage of this offer several times during the validity period.
Accor Iberia Avios Earnings
Here’s the current Le Club AccorHotels points earning chart:
As you can see, a ‘Classic’ (entry-level) member will earn 2.5 points per Euro spent at most Accor properties and those points will convert to 2.5 Avios.
In this promotion this is what a Classic member can earn:
- Stay 1-2 nights and earn 5 Avios/Euro
- Stay 3 nights and earn 7.5 Avios/Euro
- Stay 4 nights and earn 10 Avios/Euro
That’s a pretty good deal and the earnings get even more impressive for guests who have status – Platinum Elites can earn over 17 Iberia Avios per Euro spent.
I value Avios at a conservative $0.01each so a Classic member would receive an effective rebate of between 5% and 10% while a top-tier elite can earn an effective rebate of over 17%.
That’s not bad going if you were planing to stay at an Accor property anyway.
This is one of the better hotel promotions running right now and the fact that you have almost 3 months in which to make a few stays and 2 months in which to make the bookings should make it an easy one to benefit from if you’re and Accor loyalist.
It’s worth noting that existing stays will not count for this promotion (annoying but understandable) so it may be worth cancelling any flexible reservations you have and rebooking as long as rates haven’t increased since you first booked.
[HT: Head For Points]