Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
We’ve already seen Singapore Airlines offering some amazing discounts on award fares as it celebrates 21 years of the KrisFlyer program, and now the airline is offering members the chance to boost their mileage balances when they refer friends and family who go on to make a qualifying transaction with the airline.
Refer & Earn Miles
Here’s how the promotion works:
- Refer friends family and acquaintances to the KrisFlyer program using the link supplied on the promotion page.
- New Members must successfully sign up as new KrisFlyer members, enter the Referrer’s KrisFlyer membership number into the “Referred to KrisFlyer by a friend?” field; and enter “KFBD21” in the “KrisFlyer registration promotion” field in the KrisFlyer enrolment form on singaporeair.com within the Promotional Period.
- Earn 500 bonus KrisFlyer miles for ever person you refer who goes on to make at least one qualifying transaction during the promotion period.
- New members who have been referred to the KrisFlyer program will earn 500 bonus miles.
- Referal period runs through 29 February 2020
- Qualifying transactions must take place by 31 May 2020
- Bonus capped at 10,000 miles
- Singapore Airlines will award 21,000 additional bonus miles to the program’s top 3 referrers.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
What Constitutes A Qualifying Transaction?
Per Singapore Airlines, a qualifying transaction account must fulfill any of the following conditions:
- Miles accrued or redeemed on flown flights on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, and Scoot
- Miles accrual from partners
- Transfer of points from partner programs to KrisFlyer
- Submission of retrospective mileage claims for flown flights
- KrisShop accrual transactions
- KrisPay accrual transactions and miles conversions
Singapore Airlines has been reasonably generous in its definition of a qualifying transaction so it shouldn’t be too hard to pick up some bonus miles in this promotion.
Readers based in the US can make the most of the fact that the KrisFlyer program is a transfer partner of American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Citi’s ThankYou program so one of the easiest ways for referees in the US to trigger a qualifying transaction is for them to transfer some points from one of the major transferable currencies to the KrisFlyer program.
Note: Be aware that KrisFlyer miles expire on the last day of the month 3 years after the miles were first credited to an account and account activity is not enough to prevent them from expiring. Points from Chase, Amex and Citi should only be transferred over to KrisFlyer if there is a very good chance they’ll be used before they expire.
Regardless of where your referees are based, if they happen to be flying with Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Scoot or even a partner airline like United, TAP or Lufthansa, those flights can be credited to the KrisFlyer program and, as long as the miles appear in the member’s account before 31 May 2020, they’ll trigger the bonus miles for the referer.
You’re not going to earn enough miles for a nice trip from this promotion but there could be a nice number of free miles on offer here if you know people who aren’t yet members of the KrisFlyer program and who are in a position to make a qualifying transaction in the next 4 months.