Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
UPDATE: This specific promotion has expired. Please click HERE for the latest Alaska Airlines Touchdown & Takeoff Sale
Alaska Airlines is running a fun promotion for the duration of the NFL season in which it’s offering a fantastic discount on fares out of select states. The promotion is built around the scoring prowess of Russell Wilson, the quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks, and runs after every Seahawks home game in which Wilson scores.
Alaska Airlines Touchdown & Takeoff Sale
The more touchdowns Russell Wilson scores in a Seahawks home game the bigger discount Alaska Airlines will offer on select routes and with Wilson scoring 3 touchdowns in today’s game against the Vikings, this week sees the discount hit – 30% (the maximum discount we see is 40%)
The catch? The catch is that today, the discount is only valid on game day – you have until tonight to book!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Use discount code TAKEOFF30
- Discount code is valid for 30% off coach base fare levels published at alaskaair.com.
- Valid for itineraries up to a maximum of six (6) people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare; valid for one-way or round-trip travel.
- Discount valid from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, or Washington to all Alaska Airlines cities.
- Discount is not valid to Prudhoe Bay (SCC), or for travel solely within the state of Alaska.
- Based on published fare routings and some cities may not be available.
- Discount does not apply to government-imposed taxes and airport fees.
- Cannot be combined with other promotions. Discount code must be applied toward purchase of ticket by 11:59 pm PT on October 12, 2020.
- Travel is valid October 31, 2020 through December 16, 2020. Blackout dates apply for November 21, 24-25, and 28-29, 2020. Travel on these blackout dates will receive a 10% discount.
- Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Tuesdays through Fridays.
- All other travel is valid Mondays through Thursdays and Saturdays.See the promotion page for full terms and conditions.
The 30% discount is the second highest available and is 10% below what we saw offered last week (because Wilson scored an impressive 5 TD last week) but Alaska Airlines is being a little less generous with its terms and conditions than it was in week 1 of this promotion. Compared to the first week there’s a longer blackout period in November and the valid travel dates don’t extend into 2021.
Still, that doesn’t change the fact that this could end up being a very generous promotion…especially with Hawaii supposedly opening up from 15 October. These could be some very nice savings to be had for flights to the islands from the states covered by the promotion.
Don’t forget to make the most of whatever fares you’re booking by using a credit card that earns you bonus points on flights and, preferably that also offers you great protection against delays, interruptions, and cancellations (the Platinum Card from American Express and the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card are the two more obvious choices of card to use).
Alaska Airlines is offering a 30% discount on economy class fares from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, and Washington until 23:59 PT TONIGHT. This promotion will repeat after every Seahawks home game in which Russell Wilson scores, but with the percentage discount based on the number of touchdowns Wilson scores, we can’t expect to see 30% – 40% discounts offered all that often so make sure you make the most of it if you can.