Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
UPDATE: This specific promotion has expired. Please click HERE for the latest Alaska Airlines Touchdown & Takeoff Sale
Alaska Airlines is running a fun promotion for the duration of the NFL season in which it’s offering a fantastic discount on fares out of select states. The promotion is built around the scoring prowess of Russell Wilson, the quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks, and runs after every Seahawks home game in which Wilson scores.
Alaska Airlines Touchdown & Takeoff Sale
The more touchdowns Russell Wilson scores in a Seahawks home game the bigger discount Alaska Airlines will offer on select routes and with Wilson scoring 5 touchdowns in yesterday’s game against the Patriots, this week sees the discount cap reached – 40%.
The catch? The catch is that the discount is only valid from the end of the game throught to 23:59 PT on the day after the game – you have until tonight to book!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Use discount code RUSS40
- This week’s discount code is valid for 40% off coach base fare levels published at alaskaair.com.
- Valid for itineraries up to a maximum of six (6) people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare
- Valid for one-way or round-trip travel.
- Discount valid from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana or Washington to all Alaska Airlines cities.
- Discount is not valid to Prudhoe Bay (SCC), or for travel solely within the state of Alaska.
- Based on published fare routings and some cities may not be available.
- Discount does not apply to government-imposed taxes and airport fees.
- Cannot be combined with other promotions.
- Discount code must be applied toward purchase of ticket by 11:59 pm PT on September 21, 2020.
- Travel is valid September 28, 2020 through February 10, 2021.
- Blackout dates November 28–29 and December 18–20, 2020 and January 1-2, 2021 apply – travel on these dates will receive a 10% discount.
- Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Tuesdays through Fridays.
- All other travel is valid Mondays through Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Refunds or cancellation of itinerary will result in the forfeiture of the discount code.
- Changes will result in the forfeiture of the discount to the changed portion of the itinerary.
See promotion page for full terms and conditions.
This could end up being a very generous promotion…and with Hawaii supposedly opening up from 15 October these could be some very nice savings to be had for flights to the islands from the states covered by the promotion.
Don’t forget to make the most of whatever fares you’re booking by using a credit card that earns you bonus points on flights and, preferably that also offers you great protection against delays, interruptions, and cancellations (the Platinum Card from American Express and the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card are the two more obvious choices of card to use).
Alaska Airlines is offering a 40% discount on economy class fares from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, and Washington until 23:59 PT TONIGHT. This promotion will repeat after every Seahawks home game in which Russell Wilson scores, but with the percentage discount based on the number of touchdowns Wilson scores, we may not see the 40% discount offered all that often – make the most of it now!