Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Alaska Airlines is running a fun promotion for the duration of the NFL season in which it’s offering a fantastic discount on fares out of select states. The promotion is built around the scoring prowess of Russell Wilson, the quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks, and runs after every Seahawks home game in which Wilson scores.
Alaska Airlines Touchdown & Takeoff Sale
The more touchdowns Russell Wilson scores in a Seahawks home game the bigger discount Alaska Airlines will offer on Main Cabin fares on select routes and with Wilson throwing for 4 touchdowns in yesterday’s game against the Jets, this week sees the discount cap reached – 40%. If you’d prefer to book First Class, the discount on offer is 10%.
The catch? The catch is that the discount is only valid from the end of the game through to 23:59 PT on the day after the game – you have until tonight to book!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Use discount code TOUCHDOWN40
- This week’s discount code is valid for 40% off Saver & Main fares and 10% off First Class on select routes published at alaskaair.com
- Valid for itineraries up to a maximum of six (6) people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare
- Valid for one-way or round-trip travel.Discount valid from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, or Washington to all Alaska Airlines cities.
- Discount is not valid to Prudhoe Bay (SCC), or for travel solely within the state of Alaska.
- Based on published fare routings and some cities may not be available.
- Discount does not apply to government-imposed taxes and airport fees.
- Cannot be combined with other promotions.
- Discount code must be applied toward the purchase of a ticket by 11:59 pm PT on December 14, 2020.
- Travel is valid January 5, 2021 through March 11, 2021.
- Blackout dates apply for February 11-15, 2021.
- 40% off: Valid on Saver and Main fares.
- Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Tuesdays through Fridays.
- All other travel is valid Mondays through Thursdays and Saturdays.
- 10% off: Valid for Saver and Main fares on blackout dates & days of week not listed above. Valid for First Class fares all days of week.
- Valid for new ticket purchases only.See the promotion page for full terms and conditions.
This is the highest discount that this promotion offers (thank you Russell Wilson!) and with most of Hawaii now open to visitors (who test negative for Covid-19) there could be some very nice savings to be had for flights to the islands from the states covered by the promotion.
One slight downside to this week’s promotion is that the travel dates are not as generous as they were last week (admittedly, last week’s discount was only 10%) and we have blackout dates in force this week where none were present last week.
Still, all things considered this is a fantastic deal (who doesn’t love 40% off?) so make sure you take a look at the fares Alaska is currently offering and remember that you only have the rest of today to book.
Also, don’t forget to make the most of whatever fares you’re booking by using a credit card that earns you bonus points on flights and, preferably that also offers you great protection against delays, interruptions, and cancellations (the Platinum Card from American Express and the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card are the two more obvious choices of card to use).
Alaska Airlines is offering a 40% discount on economy class fares and a 10% discount on First Class fares from/to Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, and Washington until 23:59 PT TONIGHT.
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines