Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
UPDATE: This specific promotion has expired. Please click HERE for the latest Alaska Airlines Touchdown & Takeoff Sale
Alaska Airlines is running a fun promotion for the duration of the NFL season in which it’s offering a fantastic discount on fares out of select states. The promotion is built around the scoring prowess of Russell Wilson, the quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks, and runs after every Seahawks home game in which Wilson scores.
Alaska Airlines Touchdown & Takeoff Sale
The more touchdowns Russell Wilson scores in a Seahawks home game the bigger discount Alaska Airlines will offer on select routes and with Wilson orchestrating 4 touchdowns in yesterday’s game against the 49ers, this week sees the discount cap reached – 40%. The even better news this week is that, for the first time since this promotion launched, First Class fares are being discounted too…albeit by only 10%.
The catch? The catch is that the discount is only valid from the end of the game throught to 23:59 PT on the day after the game – you have until tonight to book!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Use discount code LETSGO40
- This week’s discount code is valid for 40% off Saver & Main fares and 10% off First Class on select routes published at alaskaair.com
- Valid for itineraries up to a maximum of six (6) people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare
- Valid for one-way or round-trip travel.
- Discount valid between Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, and Washington and all Alaska Airlines cities.
- Discount is not valid to Prudhoe Bay (SCC), or for travel solely within the state of Alaska.
- Based on published fare routings and some cities may not be available.
- Discount does not apply to government-imposed taxes and airport fees.
- Cannot be combined with other promotions.
- Discount code must be applied toward purchase of ticket by 11:59 pm PT on November 2, 2020.
- Travel is valid December 1, 2020, through February 10, 2021.
- Blackout dates apply for December 18-31, 2020, and January 1-4, 2021.
- Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Sundays – Wednesdays
- Travel from Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Tuesdays – Fridays
- Travel to/from all other cities is valid Mondays – Thursdays and Saturdays
- 10% off: Valid on Saver and Main fares on blackout dates & days of week not listed above, and First Class fares all days of week.
- Refunds or cancellation of itinerary will result in the forfeiture of the discount code.
- Changes will result in the forfeiture of the discount to the changed portion of the itinerary.
See the promotion page for full terms and conditions.
This is the highest discount that this promotion offers (thank you Russell Wilson!) and with Hawaii now open to visitors (who test negative for Covid-19) there could be some very nice savings to be had for flights to the islands from the states covered by the promotion.
Also, not only is this week’s promotion offering the highest discount available, but it’s also one of the more generous we’ve seen to date in terms of the dates that it covers. There are no blackout dates around Thanksgiving and with this week’s promotion code valid on travel through 10 February 2021, flyers have almost 2 months of dates on which they can travel.
Don’t forget to make the most of whatever fares you’re booking by using a credit card that earns you bonus points on flights and, preferably that also offers you great protection against delays, interruptions, and cancellations (the Platinum Card from American Express and the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card are the two more obvious choices of card to use).
Alaska Airlines is offering a 40% discount on economy class fares and a 10% discount on First Class fares from/to Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, and Washington until 23:59 PT TONIGHT.
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines