Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is a card that I have, is a card that I hold in high regard and is a card that I think a lot of miles and points fans should be using, and if you don’t already hold the Blue Business Plus card in your wallet, a targeted offer that Amex is currently running may be enough to persuade you to add it to your collection.
Despite already holding the Blue Business Plus Credit Card, this is the offer that appeared in my account earlier today:
There wasn’t a banner at the top of my account page or anything overtly advertising this welcome offer, it just appeared alongside the regular Amex offers that we’re all used to seeing.
Considering that the Blue Business Plus Credit Card doesn’t charge an annual fee and that it offers 2 Membership Rewards points per dollar on the first $50,000 of spending every year, this is a great offer to be targeted for.
I value Membership Rewards points at 1.5 cents each (based on the value that I know I can get out of them with relative ease) so that has me valuing this welcome offer (in its entirety) at $600 and that’s one of the highest value welcome offers I recall seeing on a no annual fee card.
You can find out why I love this card so much by reading my full review via this link, but if you’re hoping to check to see if you’re targeted for this offer, please click on any of the links that you’ll find on that review page. Those links are affiliate links and will only get you as far as an offer that’s not as good as this one and which will look a bit like this:
The page for this targeted offer can be accessed via this link but it will almost certainly only work for those whom Amex has targeted for this deal.
Crucially, the terms and conditions do not include any lifetime language which means that if you’ve had this card in the past and you’ve been targeted for this offer, you won’t be excluded from earning the welcome bonus.
- You can earn 30,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 or more in eligible purchases on your Blue Business Plus Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved.
- The Membership Rewards points will be applied 8-12 weeks after the Threshold Amount is met.
- Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account.
- Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits.
- Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments or purchases of other cash equivalents.
- Limit one offer per Card Account.
- To be eligible for the 10,000 Membership Rewards points from the employee card bundle, at least $1,000 must be spent on the new Employee Card within the first 3 months.
- You will receive the 10,000 Membership Rewards® points 8-12 weeks after the requirements have been met.
The full terms and conditions can be found on the offer page
Be aware that Amex has this warning for anyone considering this offer:
“If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the welcome offer in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you applied for one or more cards to obtain a welcome offer (s) that we did not intend for you; if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit Membership Rewards to, we may freeze Membership Rewards credited to, or we may take away Membership Rewards from your account. We may also cancel this Card account and other Card accounts you may have with us.”
If you think that by applying for this offer you may in some way break Amex’s terms and conditions I suggest that you don’t bother applying. In recent weeks we have seen a lot of people affected by Amex’s often heavy-handed approach to dealing with those it suspects (often incorrectly) of trying to game the system and no welcome offer is worth having one or more of your accounts closed down.
Ordinarily, a 15,000 point welcome offer on the Blue Business Plus Credit Card is a very nice offer to have so the chance to earn up to 40,000 Membership Rewards Points is nothing short of fantastic. It looks like this offer will remain open through the end of the year but as we’re about to enter a period in which a lot of people’s spending goes up, applying sooner rather than later may make earning the welcome bonus considerably easier.