Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
American Express has unveiled a new targeted deal in which it’s offering a rebate of $100 on up to two Marriott Homes & Villas bookings that are paid for before the end of the year.
Spend $500 or more and get $100 back with Marriott Homes & Villas (Twice)
Get a $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $500 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges for your stay at Homes & Villas by Marriott properties from 7/11/2022 to 12/31/2022. Book at homesandvillasbymarriott.com. Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $200).
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid at all Homes & Villas by Marriott International properties.
- Reservations for Homes & Villas by Marriott International properties must be made online.
- Excludes all other Marriott brands.
- Not valid on gift card purchases, online retail purchases, hotel amenities or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy points.
- Cancellation fees apply and may vary by property. See individual properties for details.
- Offer valid on property rate and charges incurred at time of reservation.
- Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date (for example, if the final payment that occurs 30 days before your stay falls outside of the promotion dates, it will not count towards qualification).
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a Homes & Villas by Marriott International property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $500USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Card Member Agreement.
- Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $200 back) per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Amex offer if you’ve been targeted for it.
Spending $500 on a booking through the Marriott’s Homes and Villas portal isn’t going to be particularly challenging so anyone planning a Homes & Villas stay before the end of the year should be able to trigger a rebate of $100 without much trouble. Whether or not you can trigger the full $200 rebate will depend on whether you’re planning on making multiple stays or if you can split a single stay in two and make two separate payments of over $500.
This offer appears to have been targeted to every American Express Card I hold (so it should be a widely available) but, most importantly, I’m seeing this it targeted to my Marriott Bonvoy American Express® Card (not open to new applicants) which suggests that a lot of people with a Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card should see the offer on their card too.
What this means is that on top of the standard 5 points/dollar that we can all earn from Homes & Villas bookings courtesy of the Bonvoy program, targeted cardholders can also earn a further 6 points/dollar through their credit card.
As I value Marriott Bonvoy Points at 0.6 cents each (based on the value I know I can get out of them with relative ease), the 11 points/dollar that I can earn on top of the statement credits that are being offered represents a further effective rebate of 6.6% and can go a long way to making an otherwise expensive stay a little bit more affordable.
Note: I realize that the headline terms of this offer appear to suggest that it has been around since July, but as I’m 100% sure that this offer has only appeared on my cards in the past 24 hours, that would appear to be incorrect.
Amex has published a deal in which it’s offering targeted cardholders the chance to earn a $100 rebate twice when they book Marriott Homes & Villas stays before the end of the year. In the grand scheme of things (and considering the cost of Homes & Villas stays) the rebate on offer isn’t exactly amazing…but it’s definitely better than nothing.
P.S. Don’t forget that Homes & Villas bookings of 3+ nights made by 21 September and consumed by the end of the year will earn you a 10,000 point bonus (details here).