Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Coming just ten days after launching two offers for savings at five different Hilton brands, Amex is back with another offer for Hilton loyalists. This time, the targeted offer features three of Hilton’s higher-end brands and as it runs through to the end of the year, there’s plenty of time for cardholders to lock in the savings on offer.
Spend $500 & Get $100 At Three Hilton Brands
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $500 in one or more transactions, on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at participating Hilton properties from 8/12/2021 to 12/31/2021.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid on reservations for Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, which must be made online at waldorfastoria.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-925-3673. Reservations for Conrad Hotels & Resorts™ must be made online at conradhotels.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-266-7237. Reservations for LXR Hotels & Resorts® must be made online at lxrhotels.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-214-6722.
- Offer only valid at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts™ and LXR Hotels & Resorts® in the US & US Territories.
- Excludes all other Hilton brands
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Amex offer if you’ve been targeted for it.
There’s good and bad news within the offer terms.
The first bit of good news is that the spending required to trigger the rebate doesn’t need to be made in a single transaction so there’s no pressing need for a cardholder to hit the $500 target with a single booking.
The second bit of good news is that this offer is valid for spending made through the end of the year so if you’re planning a Hilton stay around Thanksgiving or the end of year holidays this offer could come in very useful.
The first bit of bad news is that this offer is restricted to Waldorf, Conrad, and LXR properties in the US & US Territories and that makes this a considerably more restrictive offer than the two Marriott Bonvoy offers that Amex also published today.
The second bit of bad news is that it doesn’t look like this offer is being widely targeted to Amex’s Hilton Honors cards. Some people may be lucky enough to have this targeted to a Hilton card but I’m not seeing it on my Surpass Card and three other people that I know aren’t seeing this offer on their Hilton credit cards either.
Having said that, don’t forget that you don’t have to put all of your room and room charge spending on your targeted Amex card to trigger this offer – just $500. If you haven’t been targeted for this offer on a Hilton co-branded credit card you can ask whatever property (or properties) you’re staying at to split the cost of your stay between your targeted card and your Hilton credit card so that you don’t miss out on too many Hilton Honors points.
Overall, however, it’s good to see this offer being made available to targeted cardholders and if you’re considering a Waldorf, Conrad or LXR stay (in the US or US Territories) before the end of the year you should definitely be checking your American Express accounts to see if you have the offer waiting for you – $500 isn’t hard to spend at Hilton’s higher-end properties so anyone staying at a participating location should be able to trigger the statement credit with ease.
Amex has launched a new targeted offer for stays made at Waldorf, Conrad, and LXR properties through the end of the year. Make sure you read the terms and conditions of your targeted offer carefully before making any bookings (some room rates will not trigger the rebate) and if you don’t have this offer targeted to a Hilton co-branded credit card, make sure you add the offer to a credit card that will earn you bonus points for travel/hotel stays to ensure that you maximize your earnings.
Have any readers had this offer targeted to an Amex Hilton co-branded card?