Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
When it comes to hotel partners, American Express seems to favor Marriott and Hilton but right now its targeting select cardholders for up to 20% of savings when they use their card to pay for a stay at any one of the Grand Hyatt properties in the US, Mexico, or the Bahamas.
Spend $300 and get $60 back on Grand Hyatt bookings
Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $300 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at participating Grand Hyatt properties in the US, Mexico, and the Bahamas from 9/15/2022 to 12/15/2022.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only at Grand Hyatt hotels in the US, Mexico, and the Bahamas.
- Reservations must be made directly with Hyatt via Hyatt.com, the World of Hyatt mobile app, a Grand Hyatt hotel, or a Hyatt call center.
- Excludes all other Hyatt properties, including Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Park Hyatt, Miraval, Hyatt, Andaz, Hyatt Centric, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Residence Club, Destination by Hyatt, JdV by Hyatt, Alila, AMR Collection brands and Thompson Hotels.
- Offer not valid for purchases of gift cards, World of Hyatt points, or Hyatt Gold Passport points.
- Excludes bookings made through MGM and via Hyatt Travel or Hyatt Vacations.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Grand Hyatt property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $300 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/15/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
There are three key things to note here:
- Based on the wording in the terms and conditions, it looks like the $300 spending target needs to be met in one transaction. Multiple transactions that add up to over $300 but which, individually, are not over $300, will not trigger the statement credit.
- Keep in mind that only spending with properties in the US, Mexico, and the Bahamas will trigger the statement credit.
- Make sure you book directly with Hyatt or an individual property – bookings through 3rd party channels will not count.
Overall, the best Amex card to use with this offer will probably be the card_name which returns 3 points/dollar on travel spending (terms apply), but as that’s a card that I do not (yet) hold, I’m going to have to make do with adding it to card_name which earns me 2 points/dollar on the first $50,000 of spending every year and 1 point/dollar thereafter (terms apply).
Note: All information about the American Express® Green Card has been collected independently by Traveling For Miles. The American Express® Green Card is not currently available through Traveling For Miles.
American Express is currently targeting some cardholders for a $60 saving when they spend $300 or more (in one transaction) at Grand Hyatt properties in the US, Mexico, and the Bahamas. Based on how many of my Amex cards are showing this offer this doesn’t appear to be a narrowly targeted deal so if you have an upcoming stay at a Grand Hyatt property in one of the eligible areas, make sure you check your Amex offers before you decide which card to use at check-out.