Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
We’ve seen a number of airlines unveil some form of savings or discount in honor of Black Friday but I can’t say that any that I’ve seen have been particularly exciting so far. Sadly, things don’t get much more exciting with Lufthansa’s Black Friday promotion in which a promo code will get you $100 off most fares. Fortunately, the fact that codeshare flights are eligible for the discount will make this a more useful promotion than it otherwise may have been.
- Use promo code ZSD3BES328E8
- Save $100 on flights from the US to Europe, Africa, the Middle East, or Asia
- Excludes Economy Lite fares
Note: This promotion ends at midnight on 30 November
- The promo code is valid on lufthansa.com from November 24, 2021 until 11:59 pm EST on November 30, 2021.
- The travel period is from November 24, 2021 until November 30, 2022.
- Promo code is only valid from any of Lufthansa’s US gateways to destinations in Europe, Africa, Middle East or Asia.
- The promo code is only valid for flights departing from USA and can only be redeemed at www.lufthansa.com.
- Promo codes are only valid for itineraries where all flights are operated by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines or United.
- All flights must also begin with the same 2 letter flight number like LHxxx, LXxxx, OSxxx or SNxxx.
- Not applicable for bookings with children (under 12 years of age). Promo codes also cannot be used for flight bookings with infants (up to 2 years of age). Please contact our Service Center for bookings with children.
- The promo code is not valid in conjunction with any “Access Code” used to purchase already discounted fares.
- Only one promo code can be used for each booking process.
- Discount is applied to ‘base fare’ only (not YQ, taxes or fees). If base fare is below $101 a lower discount will apply.
- If the tariff value of the ticket is less than the value of the promo code, the residual amount can be deducted from the tariff value of other tickets bought in the same booking process.
- If the value of the promo code exceeds the total tariff value of all the tickets in a booking process, the residual amount cannot be redeemed in a further booking process.
- Certain tariffs like Economy Unbundled fares (also called Economy Light) may be excluded from the use of promo codes.
- Promo codes may only be used for flight tickets, not for rebooking charges (MCOs), excess baggage tickets, seat reservations or other flight related / ancillary products.
- Promo codes cannot be used for flight reservations with price guarantee (Secure your fare) or flight bookings resulting from a reservation not made on www.lufthansa.com.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
If you were already planning a trip to anywhere that Lufthansa or its codeshare partners fly to, the $100 saving on offer here may be useful but it’s unlikely to be enough to get anyone thinking about making new plans.
Still, a nice aspect of this promotion is that the discount is valid on Lufthansa’s codeshare partners which means that as long as you’re booking through the Lufthansa site, you can get $100 off a wide variety of non-stop flights that United Airlines operates between the US and Europe (so a layover in Germany will not always be required).
Be aware that a particularly annoying aspect of this promotion is that the promo code applies per booking and not per person. If you’re traveling as a couple, as a family, or as a group, you’ll have to make separate bookings to get each person a discounted ticket. It may be that the Lufthansa call center can override this and apply a discount to every person in a single booking, but there’s no way to do it online (I tried!).
For the next 7 days, Lufthansa is offering a $100 discount on bookings for travel from the US to Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia and while this isn’t a particularly exciting discount, the fact that it can be used on a wide variety of codeshare flights that are bookable through Lufthansa makes it a discount that should be relatively easy to use.