Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Hilton is continuing to promote a very nice deal that I first noticed and wrote about back in August and then wrote about again in October. In fact, the deal is so good that I’ve decided that it’s worth mentioning a third time 🙂
For an unspecified period of time, Hilton says that travelers booking stays at Waldorf Astoria, Conrad & LXR Properties around the world can get a 4th night free. In reality, however, the deal can be a little better than that.
- Offer valid for stays at participating Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, and Conrad Hotels & Resorts and is subject to availability and the selected hotel’s booking terms and conditions.
- Offer requires a three-day advance reservation, a minimum stay of four (4) consecutive nights, and a maximum stay of seven (7) consecutive nights.
- Each hotel has a policy addressing cancellations and/or blackout dates that may apply.
- Blackout dates, early departure fees, and deposit and cancellation restrictions may apply and vary by hotel.
- Rates will vary based on individual hotels and specific travel dates selected. Unless otherwise stated, quoted rates are per room per night, based on single/double occupancy, and do not include taxes, gratuities, incidental charges, and resort fees (if applicable).
- Participating hotels are subject to change without notice.
- This offer is not applicable to existing reservations or group bookings, and may not be combined with other select promotions, discounts or offers.
- To reserve this package by phone, please contact us at 1-800-HILTONS if in the USA/Canada, or view a complete list of Hilton local reservation offices. When booking, you must book the “LRM Extra Night” package or Plan Code “PBBOG1” to receive all package benefits.
- The complimentary fourth night is non-transferable and must be consumed during the same stay in which it was earned.
- Complimentary night includes room rate, tax in same category room as paid night(s) and does not include gratuities, resort fees or incidental charges.
- The value of fourth night stay will be applied as a discount to the daily rate paid for all consumed nights as a discount of 25% off nightly rate, which relates to the hotel’s Best Available Rate,(“”BAR””), which is a specific rate type that varies depending on the time of purchase, is unrestricted, non-qualified and excludes discount or negotiated rates.
- Early departures will forfeit complimentary night(s) and rate discount not earned on nights consumed. Unless otherwise noted, all offer components are non-transferrable or redeemable for cash, expire at check-out, and may not be used or applied on future stays.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
Booking the promotion
The promotion page appears to focus on getting guests to call up to book this deal but it can be booked online too.
On the main Hilton webpage, anyone wishing to make the most of this 4th-night free promotion should do the following:
- Enter your preferred destination in the search box.
2. Click on the “special rates” button.
3. Type “PBBOG1” into the promotion code box that should now have opened up.
4. Click on “Find a Hotel”
The search results that now appear will include all the properties available at your chosen location but the properties offering the 4th-night free should all show “LRM Extra Night” under the nightly rate.
If you don’t see a property (that’s part of a participating brand) offering the “LRM Extra Night” rate it probably means that it has either sold out that rate for your chosen nights or that the dates you have chosen cover the hotel’s blackout dates.
84 properties around the world are participating in this promotion so that should cover pretty much all of the Conrad, LXR, and Waldorf Astoria properties in Hilton’s portfolio (yes, the properties in the Maldives, Seychelles, and Bora Bora are participating too).
Interestingly, although Hilton is promoting this deal as a “4th-night free” offer, the promotion is actually a little better than that – guests are being offered 25% off the best flexible rate for stays of between 4 and 7 nights.
Here, for example, is the pricing for a 7-stay at the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island where the promotional rate is $975 per night and the regular flexible rate is $1,300/night and you don’t have to be a mathematician to work out that $975 is $1,300 with a 25% discount applied.
Had the promotion just been offering a 4th-night free, the total cost of the 7-night stay (before taxes and fees) would have been $7,800 (6* $1,300) or ~$1,114/night. As it is, the nightly cost is considerably lower.
Of course, it’s important to point out that the discount on offer isn’t a true 25% discount because all Hilton Honors members could book the discounted nightly rate of $1,245 (that makes the promotional discount approximately 21.7%), but that shouldn’t detract from the fact that this is still a very nice saving to be offered.
Hilton is still running a very good promotion in which it’s effectively offering a 25% discount on stays of 4 to 7 nights at Conrad, Waldorf Astoria, and LXR properties around the world. The terms and conditions continue not to offer any clues as to how long this promotion will be available or what dates it covers but as I’ve found the discount available as far into the future as December 2022, most people should be able to find the offer available for travel dates that work for them.