Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
Hyatt announced its latest global promotion a few weeks ago, but in case that had slipped your mind, here’s a reminder that the promotion is live from today and here’s a recap of what Hyatt is offering.
Hyatt ‘Bonus Journeys’ promotion
As seems to be the case with most of Hyatt global promotions, this one is called ‘Bonus Journeys’ and focuses on awarding World of Hyatt members bonus points for stays made during the bonus period.
Also, as id becoming more common, holders of the World of Hyatt credit card and the World of Hyatt Business credit card have an opportunity to earn yet more points.
- Register (here) by 30 April 2023
- Stay between 20 March and 26 May 2023
- Starting from their second stay, all members can earn 3,000 bonus points for every two nights consumed during the promotion period up to a cap of 30 nights.
- Holders of one or both World of Hyatt cards can earn 500 bonus points for every two nights consumed during the promotion period at participating properties in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Hong Kong, London, New York, Paris, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C..
See below for key terms and conditions
- You must be a member of World of Hyatt in good standing and register for the promotion between February 21 (8:00 a.m. CT) and April 30, 2023 (11:59 p.m. CT), to participate.
- Only Eligible Nights completed after registration and between March 20 and May 26, 2023 (“Promotion Period”) will count towards this promotion.
- Eligible Nights must be on stays completed during the Promotion Period.
- 3,000 Bonus Points: Beginning on your second eligible stay after registration and during the Promotion Period, you will receive 3,000 Bonus Points for every 2 Eligible Nights at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide, participating MGM Rewards destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) properties, and Lindblad Expeditions. A maximum of 45,000 Bonus Points may be earned under this promotion.
- World of Hyatt Consumer and Business Credit Cardmember 500 Bonus Points: Beginning on your first eligible stay after registration and during the Promotion Period, World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers will receive 500 Bonus Points for every 2 Eligible Nights at participating Hyatt hotels in 10 cities only—Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Hong Kong, London, New York, Paris, Tokyo, and Washington D.C. Eligible Nights must be on stays completed by May 26, 2023.
- For a list of hotels participating in the World of Hyatt Consumer and Business Credit Cardmember bonus offer, please click here.
- A maximum of 7,500 Bonus Points may be earned under this World of Hyatt Consumer and Business Credit Cardmember bonus offer.
- General Terms for Both Offers: Promotion is not valid at hotels that do not participate in World of Hyatt at the time of your stay.
- All points awarded under this promotion and bonus offer are Bonus Points.
- For the purpose of this promotion and bonus offer, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award. For the purposes of this promotion and bonus offer, consecutive nights at the same hotel constitute one stay (even if you check out and check back in).
- Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this promotion and bonus offer.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page
The bad news here is that Hyatt is following Marriott’s annoying attitude to promotions and insisting that a World of Hyatt member’s first stay during the promotion period will not count towards the main promotion*.
I hate that.
The good news is that you can earn up to 45,000 points from the main promotion (which I value at $630) and that while the bonus points open to World of Hyatt credit card holders can only be earned at properties in 10 cities worldwide, the only thing limiting the number of times a cardholder can earn the 500 bonus points is the number of nights in the promotion period.
Personally, I have already taken action to make sure that I’m not overly penalized by Hyatt’s refusal to count my first stay in the promotion period by splitting a planned 4-night stay at a single property into a 1-night stay and a 3-night stay at separate properties.
This way, only one night out of all the nights that I consume in the promotional period will not count towards the main promotion (my first night).
This isn’t a tactic that will work well for everyone, but if your first stay in the promotional period is set to be more than a couple of nights, it’s a tactic that you may want to consider embracing.
*It would appear that there is no such restriction for extra offer aimed at holders of the World of Hyatt credit cards.
Hyatt’s latest promotion launches today and is offering all a World of Hyatt members the opportunity to earn up to 45,000 bonus points in the next 9.5 weeks and anyone holding a World of Hyatt co-branded credit card more points on top of that.
When planning your stays, keep in mind that although award bookings and cash bookings will qualify for both promotions, the first stay in the promotion period will not count towards the main promotion (regardless of how you pay for it) so make that stay a short one if you can.
Featured image: Hyatt Dreams Resort Madeira courtesy of Hyatt