Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
In the past few days, American Express has been targeting select cardholders for a deal that anyone planning one or more Marriott stays during the coming months will probably find quite useful. With savings of up to 40% on offer, it’s worth checking your online Amex account to see if you have been targeted.
Spend $300 or more, get $120 back at select Marriott properties
Get a one-time $120 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $300 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at participating Marriott Bonvoy® properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean from 5/19/2023 to 7/31/2023.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy App or by calling 1-888-236-2427.
- Excludes Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, Design Hotels, Protea Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy, Vistana Signature Network and Vistana Residence Network.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Not valid for online retail purchases, hotel amenities or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy points.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Marriott Bonvoy property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $300 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Card Member Agreement.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/31/2023, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
As Marriott Bonvoy Amex offers go, this one seems to be pretty good.
Firstly, I’m seeing it targeted to most of my Amex cards (so this doesn’t appear to be a narrowly targeted offer).
Secondly, I can see that my Marriott Bonvoy co-branded credit card is one of the cards that has been targeted for this offer and that suggests that quite a few holders of cards like the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card, the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card and the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card, should be able to make the most of this deal while earning the 6 Bonvoy Points/dollar spent that their cards offer.
Thirdly, the terms of the offer state that the threshold for triggering the credit doesn’t have to be met in a single transaction, and that means that those of us making a couple of cheaper Marriott stays still have a good chance of getting the $120 rebate.
Lastly, even though stays at most properties in Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa won’t count towards this offer’s spending requirement (they rarely do), this offer *does* include more areas/territories than a lot of other similar offers that we’ve seen in the past.
American Express is now targeting select cardholders for a $120 rebate on Marriott Bonvoy spending made with participating properties in the U.S. (including its territories), Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean by the end of July 2023. The spending target of $300 does not have to be met in a single transaction and if my Amex account is anything to go by, this offer is being targeted to a wide variety of Amex cards.