Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
For a limited time, Hyatt has brought back a popular dining promotion that we first saw offered in 2020 in which it’s possible to earn three times the unusual number of World of Hyatt points when dining at select eateries within the Hyatt portfolio.
Earn up to 17 points/dollar when you dine with Hyatt
Starting today, 15 September 2022, World of Hyatt members will earn 3x the usual number of points at participating eateries located within Hyatt properties when dining in, ordering take-out, or booking a food delivery from a participating outlet.
No registration is required but diners must provide their World of Hyatt membership number at the time of their purchase if they are to earn the bonus points.
Note: This promotion is not open to guests spending the night at Hyatt properties or on charges made to a room and will run through 20 December 2022.
Ordinarily, World of Hyatt members earn 5 points/dollar for dining at Hyatt eateries, so this returning promotion increases this earning rate to 15 points/dollar spent. In addition, when members pay with card_name (review), they’ll earn 2 additional Bonus Points for every dollar they spend taking their earnings up to 17 points/dollar.
Be aware that Hyatt is saying that outlet participation is limited and that not all restaurants/eateries may be participating in this promotion (Alua Hotels & Resorts, Breathless Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Lindblad Expeditions, MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Sunscape Resort & Spas, Vivid Hotels & Resorts, and Zoëtry Wellness and Spa Resorts are definitely not participating) so anyone wanting to make the most of this deal should check that their chosen eatery is participating before making a booking or placing an order.
Be aware that although the promotion page offers a search tool that appears to be aimed at helping people find participating locations, I’m not sure that it’s working correctly – while the terms of this offer clearly state that 3x points are not available at Hyatt Residence Club properties, the results from the search tool show the Hyatt Residence Club Maui as a participating location:
I suggest ignoring the search tool and calling whatever eatery you’re interested in visiting if the triple points on offer are key to your decision on where to dine.
Key terms & conditions
- Members may earn triple points on Eligible Non-Stay Charges for food and beverage purchases at participating outlets at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts between September 15, 2022 at 12:00 a.m. CDT and December 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Outlet participation is limited.
- Offer may not be available at all properties or at all outlets at a participating property.
- Offer is not available at Alua Hotels & Resorts, Breathless Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Lindblad Expeditions, MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Sunscape Resort & Spas, Vivid Hotels & Resorts, or Zoëtry Wellness and Spa Resorts.
- Members may earn a maximum of 100,000 Bonus Points per transaction under this offer (in addition to any Bonus Points you may earn as an elite member).
- Only Base Points are tripled, and all points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points.
- You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of purchase.
- Offer not valid on alcoholic beverage purchases in certain jurisdictions.
- Member must use an Eligible Method of Payment to settle qualifying Eligible Non-Stay Charges. Eligible Methods of Payment do not include, without limitation, guest room or folio charges, hotel “House Accounts,” charges settled by a company or organization, charges billed to a guest room/folio or unit at a Hyatt-branded residence, point redemptions, award redemptions, Hyatt-branded gift cards, Hyatt gift cheques, or property-specific gift card/certificates.
- Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.
Full terms and conditions and further details are available via this link
Hyatt has just launched a new promotion that will run for most of what remains of this year and which is offering World of Hyatt members the opportunity to earn between 15 and 17 points/dollar for dining at participating eateries. Readers should pay close attention to the terms and conditions of this promotion as there are a variety of ways in which their actions could, inadvertently, prevent any bonus points from being earned.