Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Following on from the hotel categories announcement earlier, Hyatt has also announced that a further 48 Small Luxury Hotels properties will be joining the World of Hyatt with immediate effect. The latest additions now mean that over 350 SLH properties are now participating in the world of Hyatt and more are almost certainly on the way.
Here’s what you need to know about the latest additions to the World of Hyatt:
- 48 new properties are joining the World of Hyatt
- The properties are spread across 25 countries on 4 continents
- Three new countries now join the SLH/WoH list – Israel, Mongolia, and Montenegro.
- The properties will be joining the World of Hyatt in categories 3 through 8
- 2 x Category 3
- 6 x Category 4
- 6 x Category 5
- 16 x Category 6
- 7 x Category 7
- 11 x Category 8
- All properties are active World of Hyatt members as of today, 12 February 2020.
New SLH World of Hyatt Properties (By Country)
Hyatt’s Featured New Additions
These are some of the properties that Hyatt believes will be very popular with loyalists:
- MarBella Nido Suite Hotel and Villas in Corfu, Greece
- Terelj Hotel in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Villa Geba in Sveti Stefan, Montenegro
- Hotel Vestibul Palace in Split, Croatia
- The Norman Tel Aviv in Tel Aviv, Israel
- Casa Angelina Lifestyle in Amalfi Coast, Italy
WoH Earnings At SLH Properties
- World of Hyatt members earn five Base Points per $1 USD spent on eligible room revenue
- World of Hyatt members receive their standard tier Bonus Points on eligible room revenue spend:
- Discoverist – 10%
- Explorist – 20%
- Globalist – 30%
- Qualifying nights at SLH hotels count toward earning World of Hyatt elite-tier status
- All World of Hyatt Credit Card members will earn an additional 4 Bonus Points, for a total of 9 World of Hyatt points per $1 spent at participating SLH properties.
- Hyatt Credit Cardmembers will earn an additional three Bonus Points (US only).
WoH Benefits At SLH Properties
Participating SLH properties will provide the following on-property benefits to all World of Hyatt members who book through Hyatt, regardless of status:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily complimentary continental breakfast for two guests
- Room upgrade (one category at check-in if available)
- Early check-in (noon, based upon availability at check-in)
- Late check-out (2:00pm, based upon availability at check-in)
Once again there’s quite a bit of good news here:
- 30 of the 48 new additions are joining the World of Hyatt in Category 6 or below
- There’s a good spread of properties across various nations and no single nation is dominating this list.
- Quite a few of the SLH properties that are being introduced are in locations where Hyatt has little or no representation whatsoever so these properties offer genuine new options for World of Hyatt members.
It’s good to see that a significant number of the SLH properties being added in this batch are not in either of Hyatt’s top two hotel categories because, up until now, around 33% of all SLH properties in the World of Hyatt have been in Categories 7 or 8.
With Hyatt continually adding new properties to the World of Hyatt while also seeming to understand that it has to be fair with any changes that it makes to its loyalty program, it’s getting harder and harder not to put more business it’s way.
While chains like Marriott and IHG seem keen to eliminate as much value as possible from their loyalty programs, the World of Hyatt appears to be interested in keeping its loyalty program members engaged (good promotions) and interested in keeping them happy (no nasty surprises) all while giving them more options at which to stay…and that’s pretty much all that miles and points fans want.
Featured Image: Casa Angelina Lifestyle in Amalfi Coast, Italy – Image Hyatt