Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Hyatt has just announced its first major promotion of 2020 and with it it’s offering World of Hyatt members double points at participating properties worldwide and it’s offering holders of its two co-branded credit cards the chance to earn yet more bonus points on select stays.
The Important Bits
- Register by 31 March 2020 (here)
- Include your World of Hyatt number in your reservation
- Stay at participating locations between 15 February and 15 May 2020
- Earn double points on all eligible stays starting with your second stay.
- Maximum 100,000 Bonus Points may be earned for the Double Points bonus during Promotion Period.
- Use a World of Hyatt Credit Card or Hyatt Credit Card for each qualifying stay that includes a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night and earn a further 1,500 points starting with your second stay.
- Maximum 100,000 Bonus Points may be earned for the Hyatt and World of Hyatt Credit Card bonus during the promotion period.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
- 875+ Hyatt hotels worldwide
- 300+ participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties.
- 10+ participating MGM Resorts (more info)
World of Hyatt members can also earn double points on over 300 Lindblad Expedition experiences.
Hyatt already offers 5 points/dollar (base points) to all World of Hyatt members so this promotion is doubling that rate to 10 points/dollar. On the basis that I value World of Hyatt points at 1.4 cents each, World of Hyatt members can now earn an effective rebate 14% at over 1,200 properties worldwide.
That may not sound like an amazing deal but, because Hyatt still has a reasonably traveler-friendly award chart, the ability to now earn 10 points/dollar means that travelers can earn free nights without too much difficulty.
A Discoverist World of Hyatt member (the status which comes from holding the World of Hyatt credit card) who spends $2,000 with Hyatt during the promotion period, uses their World of Hyatt credit card to pay for that spending and has just one stay which encompasses a weekend night would earn:
- 10,000 base points
- 1,000 elite status bonus points
- 10,000 bonus points from this promotion
- 1,500 bonus points for using a Hyatt credit card in this promotion
- 8,000 points for putting $2,000 of Hyatt spending on the World of Hyatt credit card.
That’s a total of 30,500 points and that’s more than enough for:
- A free night at any top-tier Hyatt property in the world (like the Park Hyatt New York)
- 2 free nights at any Category 4 property (like the Confidante Miami Beach)
- 3 free nights at a Category 2 property (like the Hyatt Regency Bali)
- 6 free nights at a Category 1 property (like the Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort)
That’s pretty good going for just $2,000 of spending between 15 February and 15 May 2020.
Ok, yes, it’s annoying that the first stay made during the promotion period will not earn any bonus points (you may want to consider a super-cheap mattress run if your first Hyatt stay looks it will otherwise be a high value one) but, when you dig down to see what can be earned, this promotion is actually pretty good…especially if you’re a World of Hyatt credit card holder.