Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Alaska Airlines is currently running a flash sale in which it’s offering one-way fares from $39. Unsurprisingly, the $39 fares aren’t particularly exciting but there are a few interesting $49 fares available and with transcontinental fares starting at $99 and fares to the Hawaiian Islands starting at $119, this is definitely a sale worth checking out if you’re planning a trip but keep in mind that it ends tonight!
- Purchase by 11:59 pm (PT) on 2 November 2022
- Travel 5 January to 15 March 2023
- Blackout dates are 16 February to 21 February 2023
- The lowest fares are only available for travel on select days of the week.
Note: Use the Alaska Airlines flexible date search to find the best deals.
- Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or all days.
- If nonstop service is offered during the advertised travel period, the advertised fare applies to the nonstop flights only.
- Bag fees apply for checked baggage.
- An additional VAT fee from $2.15 (CAD) per bag for bags checked in Canada may apply.
- For travel solely within the state of Alaska, customers may check up to three bags free of charge. Additional fees apply to check more than three bags or overweight or oversized items.
- These fares are nonrefundable and are only available on flights marketed by Alaska Airlines for travel on Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, or SkyWest.
- A ticket purchased at an Alaska Airlines airport location or through one of our reservation call centers will cost $15.00 more per person than the advertised fare.
- Changes are not allowed on Saver fares, outside of our 24 hour cancellation policy.
- Applicable fare and tax differences apply to any changes made after ticketing.
- Fares include U.S. government taxes and fees. Canadian and Mexican government taxes and fees that are included in the fares shown are based on the current currency exchange rate and are subject to change.
- All fares are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice, and other restrictions apply.
- Some flights may be operated by or in conjunction with Horizon Air or SkyWest.
- Costa Rican government taxes, fees and charges included in the fare shown are based on the currency exchange rate and are subject to change.
- In addition to the advertised fares which include taxes, fees, and charges in U.S. dollars, passengers departing San Jose or Liberia airports will be subject to a $29 (USD) departure tax, to be collected at the airport.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the sale page.
Example one-way fares
For obvious reasons, I haven’t checked all of the routes on which Alaska Airlines is offering deals so what you see below are just a few examples of deals that looked pretty good to me.
Be aware that unless stated otherwise, all these fares are “Saver Fares” which are Alaska’s most restricted fares.
1 – Passengers are allowed one carry-on + one personal item. Overhead bin space is on a first-come, first-served basis. Elite Mileage Plan passengers keep Elite boarding status.
2 – Elite members do not receive preferred seating, or upgrade benefits with Saver fares. On all fares including Saver, Elites receive bonus miles, baggage allowances, check-in benefits, and priority boarding. All other Saver fare rules and restrictions apply to MVP®, MVP® Gold, and MVP® Gold 75k Mileage Plan members.
3 – A 24-hour cancellation policy applies to all fares. Otherwise Saver fares may not be changed or canceled. A difference in fare may apply to changes made to Main and First Class fares. A $50 fee applies to same-day confirmed changes.
- Boston to San Diego – from $99
- Boston to San Francisco – from $99
- Burbank to Santa Rosa – from $39
- Chicago to San Francisco – from $109
- Chicago to Seattle – from $109
- Los Angeles to Honolulu – from $119 (Main Fare)
- Los Angeles to Los Cabos – from $99
- Los Angeles to Newark – from $99
- Los Angeles to Washington D.C. – from $119
- Orange County to San Francisco – from $69
- Portland to Newark – from $129
- San Francisco to Boston – from $99
- San Francisco to Las Vegas – from $49
- San Francisco to JFK – from $119
- San Francisco to Seattle – from $59
- San Jose to Honolulu – from $129
- San Jose to Kauai – from $119 (Main Fare)
- San Jose to Kona – from $119 (Main Fare)
- San Jose to Maui – from $119 (Main Fare)
- San Jose to Palm Springs – from $69
- Seattle to Las Vegas – from $79
- Seatle to San Jose (SJC) – from $49
- Seattle to Santa Barbara – from $69
You’ll find all the deals on this Alaska Airlines page.
Through the end of today (23:59 PT), Alaska Airlines is running a flash sale in which it’s offering transcontinental fares from $99 one way and fares to/from Hawaii from $119 one way.
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines