Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Since the beginning of September, Qatar Airways has been running a good premium cabin promotion for Privilege Club members looking to boost their Avios balances and/or their progress to elite status, but with the end of the month looming, there are a few days left to participate.
Privilege Club members booking a First or Business Class fare using promo code SEPTBONUS by 30 September 2023 (for travel through 31 March 2024) will earn double Qpoints (elite status points) and 50% more Avios (link to book).
Note: This offer is only open to passengers originating in Europe.
- To be eligible for the offer, the member must book through Qatarairways.com or Qatar Airways Mobile App quoting the Promocode SEPTBONUS.
- Booking Period: 01 September 2023 to 30 September 2023.
- Travel Period: 01 September 2023 to 31 March 2024.
- This offer is only applicable to members who start their journey from Europe.
- Members will earn bonus Avios or Qpoints on the base Avios or Qpoints earned on Qatar Airways flight during the offer period.
- Tier bonuses, promotional bonus and family accrued Avios or any other applicable promotional bonus Qpoints will not be considered in the calculation of the offer bonus.
- Bonus Avios/Qpoints are calculated based on the combination of booking date, flight date, cabin, fare family purchased
- Offer is applicable only for flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways.
- In case of overlapping campaigns, members will earn the highest bonus currency.
- Members may use this offer more than once during the offer period.
- Offer is not applicable for tickets issued prior to booking period start date and after booking period end date.
- Existing tickets issued prior to the offer booking period, reissued during the offer period will not be eligible for the promotional bonus.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
Ordinarily, Qatar Airways promotions such as this one would, mostly, only be of interest to travelers who are already immersed in the Privilege Club program. This time, however, there may be another group of people for whom this will be tempting.
As of 18 October, any bookings made with British Airways and credited to the Executive Club will earn Avios based on the fare paid (excluding taxes) instead of the distance being flown, and this will see a lot of British Airways Executive Club members earning considerably fewer Avios than they’ve been used to earning (I’m going to be particularly badly hit). From within this group of people there will be some for whom this promotion could be useful.
Don’t forget that it’s easy to transfer Avios earned in the Qatar Airways Privilege Club to the British Airways Executive Club so if the changes to BA’s Avios earning rules are going to leave you a lot worse off (Avios-wise), and if you don’t really care about earning or maintaining British Airways elite status, you will probably be better off crediting your future flights to Qatar Airways and not BA.
With that in mind, why not start crediting your flights to the Privilege Club now and, if you’ve been thinking of making a premium cabin booking with Qatar Airways for travel before the end of March 2024, why not make the most of this promotion and earn even more Avios that you would otherwise earn?
Yes, for a lot of Executive Club members it will probably make more sense to swallow the bitter pill that BA is feeding us and to continue crediting our flights to BA because we value the Executive Club status that we earn.
For a lot of others, however, (i.e. those who don’t care about BA status but love earning Avios), the Qatar Airways Privilege Club (info here) will probably be a better home.
There are just 4 days left (including today) in which to make the most of the current Qatar Airways Privilege Club promotion for passengers originating in Europe – book a premium cabin fare and travel before 31 March 2024 to earn 2x tier points and 50% more Avios.