Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
If you were considering making a Marriott Homes & Villas booking now may be a good time to do exactly that as for the next 9 days, the Homes & Villas team is running a promotion in which Bonvoy members can earn double base points and a free night award on stays consumed by the end of the year.
- 2X Bonus Points Per Stay, plus Free Night Award offer from June 13 – 22, 2022
- A “stay” is defined as five (5) or more consecutive nights spent at the same property.
- Registration is not required for this promotion.
- Marriott Bonvoy Members earn 2X bonus points, plus 1 Free Night Award per eligible paid stay at a participating home rental booked between June 13, 2022 (12:01 AM EDT) – June 22, 2022 (11:59 PM EDT) through the Homes & Villas by Marriott International website (“HVMI Platform”). Stays of five (5) or more consecutive nights must be completed during the promotion earning period, beginning June 13, 2022, up to and including nights stayed on or before December 31, 2022.
- Members earn five (5) base Points for each U.S. dollar, or the currency equivalent, on all Qualifying Charges incurred and paid for by the Member through the HVMI Platform.
- After the stay is completed, the promotion bonus Points awarded will be equal to twice the number of base Points earned per stay. Therefore, for each qualifying U.S. dollar spent, 10 total Points will be awarded.
- Promotion bonus Points are in addition to the base Points and any Elite bonus Points earned per stay within the promotion earning period.
- Charges that do not qualify for Points include, but are not limited to, taxes, booking fees, cleaning fees, security deposits, and extra add-on services purchased and/or applied to home rentals booked through the HVMI Platform.
- Marriott Participating Brand Residences may be featured on the HVMI Platform: however, they do not participate in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program and do not participate in this promotion.
- Full Redemption and Cash & Points redemption stays are not eligible for the promotion
- Provided that the correct Marriott Bonvoy Membership Account Number is added as part of the booking process, Points will automatically appear in the Member’s Account three (3) to six (6) weeks (21 – 42 days) following the completion of their stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- Free Night Award is only eligible for redemption for stays at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy. Free Night Awards are not valid on HVMI bookings.
- Each Free Night Award has a redemption value of 35,000 points.
Full terms and conditions can be found here.
Marriott Homes & Villas potential earnings
Homes & Villas bookings earn all Bonvoy members a standard 5 points/dollar before any elite status bonuses are factored in. This promotion will therefore double that to 10 points/dollar.
On top of that, we have the Bonvoy elite bonuses which will make the potential earnings look like this:
- Member – 10 points/dollar (no additional bonus)
- Silver Elite – 10.5 points/dollar (includes 10% bonus on base earnings)
- Gold Elite – 11.25 points/dollar (includes 25% bonus on base earnings)
- Platinum Elite – 12.5 points/dollar (includes 50% bonus on base earnings)
- Titanium & Ambassador Elite – 13.75 points/dollar (includes 75% bonus on base earnings)
There’s no question that Bonvoy Points will take a huge hit in value from next year when Marriott moves to dynamic pricing for award bookings, but as points from these promotions will be earned before that devaluation and will be usable with the current award charts, anyone prepared to make Marriott bookings before March 2022 should be able to extract some value from this deal.
As things stand, I continue to value Bonvoy Points at 0.6 cents each (based on the value that I know I can get out of them with relative ease) despite the partial move to dynamic pricing and that means that the latest Homes & Villas promotion allows Bonvoy members to earn effective rebates of between 6% and 8.25%.
On top of that, each qualifying stay will earn Bonoy members a free night certificate valid at properties costing up to 35,000 points (and which can be topped up with up to 15,000 Bonvoy Points). I value this at around $150 as certificates are not as flexible as points and so cannot be valued in the same way.
The Homes & Villas marketing team is currently running a new promotion that doubles the number of base Bonvoy points that members can earn when they make a booking of 5+ nights through the Homes & Villas website by 22 June 2022 for stays with a checkout date of 31 December 2022 or earlier.
Featured image courtesy of Marriott Homes & Villas