Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Cathay Pacific is currently promoting a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale that, just like so many other sales this year, is available to book before Black Friday or Cyber Monday are even here….but that’s good news for travelers.
Cathay Pacific Black Friday Sale – Headline T&Cs
- Save $1,000 off Business Class fares
- Save $500 off Premium Economy fares
- Use promo code “HOLIDAY” to get the best deals
- Book by 27 November 2018
- Travel 1 January – 15 May 2019
- Book a maximum of 6 passengers (excluding infants) in one booking
Link to the premium cabin promotion page
There are some “offers” available for Economy Class but I’ll come on to those later as I suspect most readers will want to know what the premium cabin offers look like.
I should manage expectations at this point and say that while there are some interesting Premium Economy Class deals (and one excellent Premium Economy deal) the Business Class deals are disappointing….to the point where only one is really worth much consideration (I suggest taking a look at the two LifeMiles deals where the value is a lot better)
Cathay Pacific Business Class
- Seattle – Shanghai: From $2,338
All the other Business Class fares on offer are in excess of $3,000 and there are better deals than that around right now.
Cathay Pacific Premium Economy
- Boston – Bangkok: From $1,415
- Boston – Taipei: From $1,272
- Los Angeles – Bangkok: From $1,035
- Los Angeles – Bangalore: From $1,312
- New York – Bangkok: From $1,415
- New York – Ho Chi Minh City: From $1,413
- San Francisco – Hong Kong: From $773 *Great Deal*
- Seattle – Bangkok: From $1,035
Considering the length of journey some of these routs involve the Premium Economy fares don’t look too bad at (they’re a much better deal that what’s on offer in Business Class).
Cathay Pacific’s Premium Economy cabin varies slightly depending on what aircraft you book so, if you have a choice, it may be worth checking which cabins are on offer to you.
- A330: 38″ of Seat Pitch and 19.3″ of seat width
- A350: 40″ of Seat Pitch and 20″ of seat width
- 777-300ER: 38″ of Seat Pitch and 19.5″ of seat width
Dimensions courtesy of SeatGuru
Economy Class Offers
Link to the Economy Class deals page
These are some of the deals that Cathay Pacific is highlighting and they don’t need any special discount code to be found.
- Boston – Bali: From $661
- Boston – Hong Kong: From $539
- Chicago – Bangkok: From $655
- Chicago – Bali: From $676
- Los Angeles – Hong Kong: From $593
- Los Angeles – Shanghai: From $644
- New York – Cebu: From $631
- New York – Hong Kong: From $593
- San Francisco – Ho Chi Minh City: From $653
- San Francisco – Hong Kong: From $593
- Seattle – Bali: From $645
- Seattle – Hong Kong: From $592
- Washington DC – Shanghai: From $644
- Washington DC – Singapore: From $665
The good news here is that Cathay Pacific still generally offers at least 32″ of seat pitch (legroom) on its long-haul aircraft and that more room than you’ll find on most transatlantic flights. The bad news is that the airline has been steadily adding seats to some of its aircraft (the 777’s mostly have 10-across seating now) so the seat width that’s on offer has come down.
This is a pretty easy sale to sum up:
- Very disappointing Business Class sale
- A few good Premium Economy deals and one excellent deal
- Some good Economy Class deals, especially if you have the option to book one of the more spacious Cathay Pacific Economy Class cabins.
Anyone else have any thoughts on these fares?