Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
The pound has plummeted and the cost of fuel has sky-rocketed so I didn’t have particularly high hopes when I heard that British Airways has just launched a new “Luxury Sale”. To my surprise, however, it looks like there may be one or two deals here that are worth a closer look. There’s nothing spectacular, but given the direction that prices have been going recently, this could have been considerably more depressing!
Key to know
Before I move on to looking at some of the better fares and deals that I’ve seen, there are a few things that you need to know.
- This sale is for departures from the UK only
- The sale does not cover all of BA’s destinations. Only the destinations in the image below are included.
- The sale runs through 25 October 2022.
- The Club Europe, Club World, and World Traveller Plus cabins are on sale. Officially, the First Class cabin is not included in this sale but I’ve included some First Class fares below as compared to some of the Business Class fares, they don’t look too bad.
- Make sure you check the cost of the flight + hotel deals as well as the “flight only” deals, as there will be instances where booking a premium fare alongside a hotel will be cheaper than booking a standalone flight.
- The terms and conditions (valid travel dates, advance purchase requirements, etc…) vary from route to route and from destination to destination so make sure you check those carefully before you start to search for great deals on routes that interest you.
All the terms and conditions can be found on the sale page.
Notable flight deals
Note: The best way to search for good flight-only deals is to use the British Airways low fare finder tool (here).
I’m not going to highlight every good airfare deal in this sale (that would take way too long) so what you’ll find below is a selection of fares that I think look interesting. Also, I’m focusing on long-haul over short-haul so if you’re only interested in short-haul deals, now would be the time to head over to the low fare finder page (if I find any good short-haul fares, I’ll highlight them in a separate article tomorrow).
To North America
Business Class (roundtrip)
- Boston – from £1,668
- Chicago – from £1,664
- Montreal – from £1,692
- New York – from £1,564
- Philadelphia – from £1,664
- Pittsburgh – from £1,594
Although the First Class cabin is not included in this sale, the following First Class fares may be of interest:
- Atlanta – from £2,343
- Boston – from £2,347
- Chicago – from £2,343
- Dallas- from £2,643
- Denver – from £2,348
- Houston – from £2,543
- Las Vegas – from £2,548
- Nashville – from £2,252
- New Orleans – from £2,348
- New York – from £2,282
- Philadelphia – from £2,343
- Phoenix – from £2,552
- San Diego – from £2,548
- San Jose – from £2,543
- Seattle – from £2,643
- Washington D.C. – from £2,443
The primary reason why I’ve included these First Class fares in this article is that some of them are only between £450 and £550 more expensive than the Business Class fares to the same destination.
To Latin America & The Caribbean
Business Class (Roundtrip)
- Antigua – from £1,868
- Aruba – from £1,868
- Barbados – from £1,898
- Cancun – from £1,588
- Kingston – from £1,682
- Lima – from £1,678
- Mexico City – from £1,825
The only interesting First Class fare that I’ve found (in this area) is a £2,443 fare to Mexico City.
- Dubai – from £1,598
I’ve taken a look at the fares to the remaining destinations that British Airways say are included in its latest Luxury Sale and as far as I can see, there’s nothing that jumps out as being worth a mention.
British Airways Luxury Holidays
British Airways is also highlighting a number of deals that you can book through its Luxury Holidays….and these are:
- 4 nights 4* New York City holidays from £1,699pp
- 7 nights 4* Orlando holidays from £1,929pp
- 5 nights 4* Las Vegas holidays from £2,159pp
- 5 nights 4* Los Angeles holidays from £2,299pp*
*As a point of comparison, the cheapest Club World flight only deal to Los Angeles costs £2,068.
- 7 nights 4* Barbados holidays from £2,239pp
- 7 nights 4* Antigua holidays from £2,769pp (All-inclusive)
- 7 nights 4* Aruba holidays from £2,389pp (All-inclusive)
- 7 nights 4* Cancun holidays from £1,999pp (All-inclusive)]
Don’t forget that British Airways is currently offering Double Tier Points on all holiday bookings through 30 September 2023.
To qualify, you’ll need to book a holiday (flight + hotel or flight + car) of at least five nights for travel up to 30 September 2023. This includes solo travelers and any holidays you’ve already booked with British Airways.
British Airways has launched a “Luxury Sale” for departures from the UK which will run through to the end of 25 October 2022. Compared to some of the sales we saw pre-pandemic and before the pound took a dive, this sale probably won’t instill a great deal of excitement, but taking all things into consideration, there are one or two deals here that aren’t too bad and if you can lock in a good price on a flight + hotel or flight + car booking, the double tier points that you’ll earn will probably make the deal even sweeter.