Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published.
Two good deals have been announced for those who like to do their shopping at Amazon. Amex is offering 3x Membership Rewards points for purchases at Amazon.com (targeted) and Amazon is offering 20% off a US Amazon Prime annual membership and 25% off a UK Prime membership – the Amazon Prime deal is valid for one day only!
Triple Membership Rewards Points At Amazon.com
This is a targeted offer and one which you’ll find in the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section of the American Express homepage after you login.
Basic Terms & Conditions:
- Enroll your eligible American Express Card by 12/31/16 and get 3 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent for purchases made using your enrolled Card online at Amazon.com by 12/31/16.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
- Offer is non-transferable.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to your account (such as Additional Cards).
Full terms and conditions available on americanexpress.com.
Eligible Purchases As Defined By Amex
- Offer valid only for purchases made with the US Dollar at Amazon.com and via the US Amazon mobile app using your enrolled American Express Card after enrollment and prior to 12/31/16.
- Excludes corporate gift card and custom-designed gift card purchases.
- Not valid at international sites owned and/or operated by Amazon or websites affiliated with/linked to from Amazon.com.
- Purchases made through other merchants or third party sites, including those using “Pay with Amazon” or other Amazon payment methods do not qualify for this offer.
- To the extent Membership Rewards points are used toward purchases, such purchases do not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not valid for Amazon Prime Fresh, Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon business, Amazon Global, Amazon Drive or websites affiliated with/linked to from Amazon.com.
This is a very nice deal leading up to the holidays but if you have a Chase INK Business Card you can do better.
Chase INK Business Cards earn 5 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent at office supply stores…and places like Office Depot and Staples sell Amazon Gift Cards.
Given the choice I’d prefer to earn 5 UR points per dollar rather than 3 Membership Rewards Points per dollar but, if you don’t have a Chase INK Business card or you’re looking to build up MR points, this is a very good offer to have.
Amazon Prime Discounts
This isn’t strictly miles & points related but it’s a good deal so I thought I’d mention it.
If you’re not currently subscribed to Amazon Prime then this may be a good time to do just that because Amazon USA is offering a yearly Amazon Prime membership for $79 (down from $99) from tomorrow 18 November.
And, if you’re in the UK and have been thinking of signing up for Prime then you probably won’t get a better deal than this – annual UK Prime membership for just £59 down from £79 and this deal appears to be live right now and runs through to midnight on 18 November.
Unsurprisingly, and as you can see from the promotional banners, this comes just before Amazon launches the most expensive car show ever….but most will probably get more use out of Amazon Prime’s super-fast delivery services.