Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Marriott has finally taken time out its busy schedule of ‘Bovoying’ its customers into despair to launch a promotion for the summer months. The 2019 summer promotion is called “Endless Earning” and runs through to the middle of September.
Marriott’s Endless Earning Promotion
Here’s what you need to know:
- Register by 2 September 2019 (link to registration page)
- Stay between 2 July and 16 September 2019.
- Earn 1,500 bonus points on stays of two nights or more.
- No earning limits.
- ExecuStay, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points.
- Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- A member who elects to earn miles is not eligible for this promotion.
Be aware that, as usual, rates available through most third-party online retailers (e.g. Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, etc…) and select travel agency rates do not qualify for this promotion.
Here’s the link that Marriott has provided to all the properties participating in this promotion but it doesn’t appear to be correct – ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartment properties are all included on this page and they’re expressly excluded from this promotion by the terms and conditions.
I think what Marriott may be trying to indicate is that all properties other than ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments (and owner-occupied MVC properties) will qualify for the bonus points.
There isn’t much to get excited about here and there isn’t all that much to complain about either (although I’ll try!) – it’s a very vanilla promotion.
- it a very simple promotion.
- All stays count – there’s no annoying wording in the t&cs which exclude the first stay during the promotion period.
- Most properties are participating…and the ones that aren’t are unlikely to be missed by many.
- There’s no limit to the number of points you can earn (except the limit imposed by the fact that promotion ends on 16 September).
- 1-night stays don’t count (that’s irritating for people like me who make quite a few 1-night stays)
- Award bookings do not qualify for this promotion (Marriott could learn from Hyatt here)
- 1,500 points per 2+ night stay isn’t exactly a generous bonus.
I value Marriott Bonvoy points at 0.7 cents each (max) so this promotion is offering an effective rebate of $10.50 per stay of 2 nights or longer so no one is going to be saving a fortune here.
Marriott may be having a lot of IT issues and it may have a lot of customers complaining but the chain is still raking in the cash so it has next to no incentive to offer an exciting/lucrative summer promotion….so it didn’t.
I doubt that there’s anything here that going to see people changing their plans and moving stays across to Marriott but, likewise, I don’t recall seeing much elsewhere that will have true Marriott loyalists booking elsewhere either…so far it’s not a great summer for promotions.