Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
American Express has launched a new deal in which it’s offering targeted cardholders a rebate of up to 20% on spending made with Singapore Airlines by the end of the year.
Spend $1,500 and get $300 back with Singapore Airlines
Get a one-time $300 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,500 in one or more transactions online at singaporeair.com, Singapore Air U.S. App or U.S. reservation telephone line by 12/31/2022. Flight must originate in the U.S. Purchase must be in U.S. Dollars.
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid for purchases made directly with Singapore Airlines through U.S. website singaporeair.com, Singapore Air U.S. App, and U.S. reservation telephone line.
- Flights must originate in the U.S., including U.S. territories.
- Offer valid only for purchases where Singapore Airlines is the merchant of record, such as airfare, fare upgrades, seat selection fees and baggage fees.
- Excludes the following: (i) purchases in-person at the airport, lounges, and sales offices, (ii) purchases on-board flights for food, beverage, and WiFi, and (iii) purchases through third parties or affiliated agents.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions
This appears to be a more narrowly targeted offer than most of the other Amex offers that we have seen of late because I’m only seeing it targeted to the Platinum Card® from American Express. None of my other Amex cards (including my other Membership Rewards cards) are showing this offer.
Still, while it’s a shame that this offer appears to be narrowly targeted and that it is limited to bookings that depart from the US, it is still a pretty good offer to be targeted for.
$1,500 isn’t all that much to spend on air travel (if you’re a family or booking a premium cabin) and when you add in the fact that the spending requirement doesn’t have to be met in a single transaction and that you only have to book and pay (not fly) by the end of the year, this becomes an offer that should be relatively easy to use.
American Express is currently targeting select cardholders for an offer that allows them to save on spending made with Singapore Airlines by 31 December 2022. Cardholders will earn $300 back when they spend $1,500 or more and, importantly, all of that spending need not be made in a single transaction.
Have you been targeted for this offer? If you have, what card(s) are you seeing it on?