Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Amazon and Amerian Express have joined forces to offer a very nice deal in which holders of all American Express consumer cards are being given $20 off a future Amazon moments store purchase when they spend $50 or more in a single purchase and use their American Express credit card. This promotion is not targeted so all holders of US American Express issued consumer credit cards should be able to make the most of this.
How To Qualify
- Add products that are shipped and sold by Amazon to your Shopping Cart and check out by July 22, 2020
- Only items that are sold and shipped by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC qualify for this promotion (look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page).
- Purchases of Amazon e-gift cards do not qualify for this promotion.
- Spend $50 or more on a single purchase using any eligible American Express Consumer Card.
- If you remove any of the participating promotional items from your Shopping Cart or violate any of the terms and conditions, your order will no longer qualify for the promotion.
- If you return any of the items involved in the promotion, Amazon reserves the right to remove the promotional credit.
Headline Terms and Conditions
- The promotional offer is valid for a limited time only.
- Items placed in Shopping Cart overnight may not be eligible for promotion at time of checkout.
- The Promotional credit applies only to qualifying items displaying on the Amazon Moments store offer page. (link to Amazon Moments)
- Applies only to products sold by Amazon. Does not apply to items sold by other merchants.
- Applies only when all qualifying and benefit products in the promotion are purchased in one order.
- Applies only to complete orders shipping to a single address that meet all other promotional requirements.
- The maximum promotional credit that you may receive from this offer is $20.
- Promotional credit must be redeemed by August 22, 2020; unredeemed credit will expire after that time.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account only.
- Offer must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart. Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
- Taxes and shipping and handling charges may apply to all products purchased and do not count towards the required purchase minimum of $50.
[HT: DoctorofCredit for finding this deal]
There a few things in the t&cs that are worth highlighting: Do not use 1-click shopping, do not buy Amazon gift cards (it’s unclear if 3rd party gift cards will trigger the credit), make sure you you buy items shipped and sold by Amazon, and be aware that this promotion will work just once per Amazon account.
I have to confess that I had never heard of the Amazon Moments store before this promotion appeared but it doesn’t appear to be a particularly limiting factor in this offer – it appears to be an area of the Amazon website selling products with ratings of 4-stars or more and although it doesn’t include gift cards, there are tens of thousands of items on sale so it shouldn’t be too hard to find something you need through which to redeem the $20 credit.
Make sure you use an American Express consumer card (not a Business or Corporate card) to purchase $50 or more of items sold and shipped by Amazon.com and you’ll lock-in a $20 saving on a future purchase from the Amazon Moments store.