Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Amex has launched two new offers for Marriott Bonvoy spending made with properties in the United States (including its territories) Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean, with one offer aimed at consumer cards and the other at business cards. The offer discussed in this article is the one targeted to select holders of American Express consumer cards.
An article discussing the offer targeted to Amex business cards will be available via this link.
Spend $300 and get $120 back with Marriott
Get a one-time $120 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $300 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at participating Marriott Bonvoy® properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean from 1/12/2024 to 3/31/2024.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only on room rate and room charges at participating Marriott Bonvoy® properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
- Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy® App or by calling 1-888-236-2427
- Excludes Marriott Vacation Club®, Marriott Grand Residence Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy®, Vistana Signature Network and Vistana Residence Network.
- Not valid for online retail purchases, hotel amenities or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy® points.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Marriott Bonvoy® property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $300 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Card Member Agreement.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 3/31/2024, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
As Marriott Bonvoy Amex offers go, this one seems to be pretty good.
Firstly, I’m seeing it targeted to all my Amex consumer cards (so this doesn’t appear to be a narrowly targeted offer).
Secondly, unlike the recently released Marriott Homes & Villas offer, I have this offer targeted to my Marriott co-branded card as well as all of my consumer Membership Rewards cards so holders of the card_name or the card_name will be able to earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points/dollar alongside the $120 saving if they have been targeted (terms apply).
Thirdly, the terms of the offer state that the threshold for triggering the credit doesn’t have to be met in a single transaction, and that means that those of us making a couple of cheaper Marriott stays still have a good chance of getting the $120 rebate.
Lastly, even though stays at properties in Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa won’t count towards this offer’s spending requirement (they rarely do), this offer *does* include more areas/territories than a lot of other similar offers that we’ve seen in the past.
Overall, there not much to dislike here … except, maybe, it would have been nice to have a little longer to trigger the credit.
Amex has published a new offer for a $120 saving on $300 of spending at select Marriott brands located in North America, the US Territories, Mexico and the Caribbean. The offer runs through to the end of March and is being targeted to select holders of Amex consumer cards including holders of Marriott Bonvoy co-branded cards.