Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
In news that’s probably not going to have a material effect on most people’s plans (mainly because they don’t have any!), Hilton has extended its “Points Unlimited” promotion that it unveiled at the start of the year. Originally set to end on 3 May, the promotion now ends on 7 September 2020.
Hilton’s Points Unlimited Promotion
- Offer valid for stays completed January 6 – September 7, 2020 at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Hilton Honors members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/PointsUnlimited prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
- Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before January 6, 2020 will receive credit for their stay if the stay is completed on or after January 6, 2020 and prior to or on September 7, 2020.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period, as well as an additional 10,000 Bonus Points for every 10th night completed.
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer.
- The 10,000 Bonus Points award can be earned an unlimited number of times.
- Each time a member achieves 10 nights, 10,000 Bonus Points will be awarded and the member’s night count will reset. Additional nights earned over the 10 night threshold in a stay will count towards achieving the member’s next 10,000 Bonus Point award.
- There are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
This promotion mostly rewards those who make multiple short stays rather than those who make a small number of long stays so the nature of your travels will dictate just how lucrative this promotion is for you.
To give an arbitrary example, someone making three 3-night stays and a single 1-night stay would earn 18,000 bonus points in this promotion (4 stays @ 2,000 points each and 10,000 points for staying 10 nights) while someone making one stay of 10 nights would earn just 12,000 bonus points (1 stay @ 2,000 points/stay and 10,000 points for staying 10 nights) – if you want to maximize points earnings in this promotion you should look to break up any longer trips into multiple stays if possible.
I value Hilton Honors points at 0.4 cents/point so the Unlimited Bonus promotion is essentially offering a rebate of $8 per stay and further $40 per 10 nights stayed. That’s not exactly earth-shattering but it’s better than nothing if you were already planning on staying with Hilton before 7 September 2020.
Whether you think you’ll be staying with Hilton before the end of the promotion or not, you should be registering (here) just in case. It costs nothing to register and plans can change at the last minute (who knows what the rest of this year will bring?) so it would be a shame to leave points on the table just because you didn’t take 30 seconds out of your day to register.
Overall this isn’t a promotion to get excited about and it’s not one that’s likely to encourage people to make new plans (or to change their plans)…but it’s better than nothing.