Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Radisson’s latest points promotion is now live and, as points promotions go, this one shows potential. Between now and 31 August 2019 Radisson Rewards members can earn 3,000 points per night at all Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inn & Suites properties worldwide.
The one slightly annoying aspect of this promotion is that the bonus points can only be earned starting with a guest’s second stay.
Headline Terms & Conditions
- Registration is required (here)
- Promotion is valid on Eligible Stays and Night(s) consumed from May 27, 2019 through August 31, 2019 at all Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels worldwide
- “Eligible Stay(s)” means one or more consecutive Eligible Nights at the same hotel regardless of the number of check-in or check-out that occur during that stay.
- Both the check-in and check-out dates of the Eligible Stay must take place during the Promotion Period.
- “Eligible Stay(s)” and “Eligible Nights” must be booked through an eligible source, as defined in the Radisson Rewards Terms and Conditions
- To be eligible for the Promotion, you must: (i) Be a Radisson Rewards member; (ii) Register for the Promotion prior to check-out of your first eligible stay; and (iii) Provide your Radisson Rewards member number when reservation is made, at check-in or prior to check-out of your Eligible Stay; (iv) Member must complete one eligible stay to qualify to begin earning 3,000 bonus points per night.
- Eligible Members will earn 3,000 bonus points per night consumed during the Promotion Period after completing their first eligible stay.
- Eligible Members will earn bonus points per night consumed at Participating Properties during the Promotion Period, not to exceed 120,000 bonus points.
- In addition to the Bonus Points earned for consumed stays during the Promotion Period, an Eligible Member will earn the standard 20 points issued per U.S. Dollar spent as well as their eligible tier bonus points (Silver: additional 2 points per U.S. Dollar; Gold: additional 5 points per U.S. Dollar; Platinum: additional 15 points per U.S. Dollar).
- If a member also books an exclusive member rate with bonus point earning potential the Eligible Member will also earn those bonus points.
- Points are typically posted to a member’s account within 5 days after the qualifying Eligible Stay has been completed.
- Free Award Night redemption stays, Points + Cash redemption stays, and non-point eligible stays such as stays booked via OTA providers are not eligible to qualify a member or to earn points during this promotion.
- Bonus points will be credited to the member’s account throughout the Promotion Period when the standard points are credited for any eligible night consumed following the Eligible Member’s first qualifying stay.
- Bonus Points earned for this offer during the Promotion Period will be capped at 120,000 bonus points per eligible member.
It’s disappointing that, once again, a hotel promotion excludes the first stay but this appears to be the new norm for a lot of hotel chains – sadly this is is just something we’re going to have to learn to live with.
I value Radisson Rewards points at 0.4 cents each so the effective bonus rebate on offer here is $12/night.
That may not seem overly generous but when you combine the bonus points available through this promotion with the points Radisson Rewards members earn as standard on all their stays, the effective rebates start looking quite good.
The cap of 120,000 points that the promotion rules mention may seem miserly but, as it would take 40 nights at Radisson properties between now and 31 August to reach that cap, I suspect it won’t inconvenience too many people.
Whether you plan to make any Radisson stays or not you should sign up for this promotion anyway as plans can change and you never know when you’ll find yourself booking a stay you weren’t expecting.
If you have a long Radisson stay coming up it may be prudent to book a super-cheap 1-night stay at a Radisson property to get the first stay out of the way and to ensure that the longer stay earns you 3,000 bonus points per night (you’ll need to work out the math to see if this makes financial sense for you).
Overall this isn’t a promotion that’s likely to encourage a lot of people to change their plans but it is a promotion that should allow frequent Radisson guests to top up their points balances nicely.