Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
If you hold card_name, now would be a good time to check your targeted offers because you may be sitting on an offer that could earn you a significant number of bonus Membership Rewards points across the next 6 months. The catch is that you have to trigger the offer by February 2nd (although you have 6 months in which to meet the terms of the offer).
Holders of card_name (review) who add employee card members to their account by 23:59 ET on 2 February 2024, will earn a bonus 15,000 of points for each employee who spends $4,000 in eligible purchases on their card in their first 6 months of card membership (capped at 75,000 bonus points – terms apply).
What this looks like
This is where things get a little odd.
Firstly, I can’t see this offer in my desktop account. I can only see it in the Amex app.
Secondly, when I view my offers in the app, this is what I see:
This is an offer that I’ve seen appear (and then disappear) a few times before, and it’s for a bonus of 7,000 points/employee that hits the $4,000 spending target in the required 6-month window.
When, however, I click though to the main offer page, I see this:
This appears to be a boosted version of the original promotion and one that could earn me more than double the number of points/employee that were originally available.
Clearly, your mileage will vary here. Some people will see what I’m seeing, some people will see the 7,000 points offer, and some may not even see a bonus employee offer at all, it’s up to Amex what offers it lets you see.
I value membership rewards points at 1.5 cents each (a rate that I know I can get out of my points with very little effort), and so the 15,000 bonus points on offer per employee (up to 5 employees) represents an effective rebate of $225 … which is great.
Looking at this another way …
As card_name allows cardholders to earn 2 points/dollar on the first $50,000 of eligible spending every year (1 point/dollar thereafter – terms apply), you could say that on the first $4,000 of eligible spending, your employee cardholders will effectively be earning 5.75 points/dollar (as long as they hit the $4,000 spending target).
For me, that’s an effective rebate of ~8.6% on the first $4,000 that each of my employees spends, and that’s a rebate that’s well worth having.
- Add Employee Card Members to your Account through the promotional offer page and you can earn 15,000 Membership Rewards points after the Employee Card Member spends $4,000 in eligible purchases on their Card in their first 6 months of Card Membership starting from the date on which the Employee Card Member is added to your Account.
- The maximum points you can earn through this offer is 75,000 Membership Rewards points.
- Employee Card Members can be added at different times but must be added by 2/2/2024 at 11:59 ET to be eligible for this offer.
- Purchases made by other Employee Card Members on your Account will not count toward an Employee Card Member’s Threshold Amount.
- Purchases made by eligible Employee Card Members will not be combined to satisfy the Threshold Amount.
- Your purchases as the Basic Card Member will not count toward an Employee Card Member’s Threshold Amount.
- If you add multiple Employee Cards to your Account through the promotional offer page, the first 5 Employee Cards that reach the Threshold Amount in their first 6 months of Card Membership will earn you the bonus offer.
- The 15,000 Membership Rewards points will be applied to the Basic Card Member’s Account within 8-12 weeks after the Threshold Amount is met by an Employee Card Member added through the promotional offer page.
- Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits.
- Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of other cash equivalents.
Make sure you read the full terms and condition on the offer page to make sure that you don’t breach any rules.
Select holders of the card_name are being targeted for an excellent promotion in which they can earn a bonus of up to 75,000 points when they add employee cardholders to their account and when those cardholders put $4,000 of eligible spending on their cards in the first 6 months of card membership.
Time to check your account to see if you’re one of the lucky few.
Do you see this promotion (or the 7,000 points promotion) in your Amex account? Or have you been ignored completely?